The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official GDT] Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Nov. 24th)

Canvoucer Vanuck

Tough to see them give up a goal so soon after they scored to make it 3-2... gotta work on their defensive play guys. You can see why Lack's stats haven't been too great this year.

I love how Joslin waits until he's in trouble THEN decides to pass it. Like, dude, make the pass when it's available. Don't wait until half the team is checking you to try to move it. No wonder Carolina bought him out.

I honestly don't even want the lockout to end this year. I'm having way more fun following the Wolves.

And it's pretty awesome for both Schroeder and Kassian, hoping they get around 70 points each this season. A full season in the Ahl as offensively depended upon players could do wonders for them.

Okay, I know this post is WAY late, but I was working last night, and had to PVR the game. I thought, for the most part, the team is getting a little more consistent. Certainly seemed to be gelling, compared to the 2nd Heat game, last month. Kassian's goal was a thing of beauty! The speed in which the pass turned into a goal, sure surprised Hellberg! lol. Was a little confused with the set up to the shoot-out, but got over that quick enough.

To answer the person asking about Sweatt, he seems to be good on the PK; positioning is sound, able to clear the puck well. I just wish they'd start converting more on the PP.

Sorry if this seems disjointed. That was only the 2nd AHL game I've watched. I really want more of it! Either the NHL figures things out before Christmas, or Sportsnet and TSN had better get a deal made with the A...

The Wolves need to learn to up their intensity levels. The trouble is I don't think they can because there are so many new faces.

Individually Tanev often looks lost, Connauton needs to use his size more, and as far as Lack goes I just feel he leaves too many holes due to his lanky build. The defence isn't helping.

Haydar is a shadow of the player he was last season and 2/3 of the the rest just don't look up to the job. I like bits of Longpre, Sterling and both Millar and Gordon look like they are trying to get stuck in.

The defence just doesn't seem to be together as a unit though and that is hurting the rest of the team.

Ya same here, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Wolves. Last night was FAST, probably the fastest tempo I've seen in the AHL, it was really entertaining.

70 each is a bit of a stretch but I like the optimism. Schroeder should eclipse his high of 44 pts, Kassian should be in the 60 pt range. I was frustrated when Garrett said Kass was disinterested, when you look at him coming back from suspension, his minutes were limited and 2 no goals were called on him in that period, so he has been relatively consistent in spit of the refs bias against him.

Tanev seems to keep getting better, and with 7 points already it seems he's added an offensive aspect to his game. I'd like to see Connauton pick it up a bit. For a career AHLer Sterling has really impressed me, he's like the St.Louis of the AHL. Sterling had 55 goals in his rookie season, not sure why he hasn't had a sniff at the NHL.

Next game Wednesday.

Archived