The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official GDT] Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Nov. 24th)

Canvoucer Vanuck

Valk is so stupid

"What about when Luongo has played 3 Games and Schneider has played 17, then that is the gut check time"

Why does he, and other's for that matter, think if both are here that Luongo will be a back-up? He won't be. They will continue in a tandem.

Not to get away from the Wolves topic since this is a Wolves thread, but that is something that kinda pisses me off a bit.

Valk is so stupid

"What about when Luongo has played 3 Games and Schneider has played 17, then that is the gut check time"

Why does he, and other's for that matter, think if both are here that Luongo will be a back-up? He won't be. They will continue in a tandem.

Not to get away from the Wolves topic since this is a Wolves thread, but that is something that kinda pisses me off a bit.

They were never a tandem, really. Luongo has always been the clear #1 starter, even last season (54 starts to 28 for Schneider).

Luongo is no longer committed to the organization and the organization is no longer committed to Luongo, so it's pretty obvious that Schneider is going to be "the guy" going forward and Luongo will be relegated to the backup role unless Schneider struggles, in which case the team's needs will be put first. If Schneider plays well from the start through the first 20 games, there's a pretty good chance he'll get the vast majority of the starts.

Personally, I think Lu is the better goalie, but he shouldn't have run his mouth after the playoffs. This is completely his own damn fault if he's relegated to backup duties.

Personally think Luongo is the better goalie too, for now. I don't think he's on the downhill quite yet enough to be worse than Schneider.

Archived