The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Dont Want Season Now?

vancouverdepression

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The longer this lasts the more I think about last year. In turn the more I hate Duncan Keith, and the more i realize how stupid the Hodgson trade was. What a complete disaster. Two moves that crippled our chances at one of the easiest cup runs ever.

Now with a full lockout we have basically lost 2 shots at the cup during our contending prime. Makes me ill.

Would rub a shortened season cup in the rest of the league's face should it happen.

We definitely could have stopped them. Cody likely wouldn't have been a hero, he wouldn't have to be. We lost 2 games by 1 goal and 2 by short handers. That's a 7 game series with him and Daniels return, yea we probably win. This "mighty Kings" crap is BS, they weren't some magical all star team.

This is a good point. It's not like we have been a team that struggled to make the playoffs, and managed to squeak in because of the shortened season. That would be the only reason to question the team. After that, the playoffs are 16 wins like always.

Now, if the Laffs actually make the playoffs because of the shortened season, THAT is definitely a questionable accomplishment. They'd still be the only team to not make the playoffs in a REAL season since the lockout.

Like Chicago in 2011, the Kings were a way better team than an 8th seed. Daniel was back for 2 games, we won 1 and lost 1. Our offense was lacking all series, as it was in the finals in 2011 and last i checked we had Daniel for all 7 of those games against Boston. And we only scored 8 goals

I'm not making excuses lol, I'm admitting we got beat by a better team that was on a mission last year, they won the cup they were the best team last year. You're making excuses saying we lost cause we didn't have Hodgson or Daniel, maybe learn what making excuses means. Yes we finished 1st in the regular season which, although is nice, means nothing in the playoffs. And we showed it 2 years in a row now.

True enough but they weren't better than us, just played better. My only beef is saying Cody wouldn't have helped. I think he would have, enough to win and in turn open a playoff run equally as dominant as the Kings was. Lots of people seem to downplay the hole he left and how it was magnified with the loss of Daniel, like they just don't want to admit Gillis goofed hard and it was unavoidable The trade just keeps looking worse, it screwed our chances for a cup run and now with a lockout we lose another. Just a huge waste of such a stacked team.

Would they just cancel the season if the CBA is reached when there's less than 40 games to be played?

A 20 game season would be perfect for the Canucks because that's usually how long they take to hit their peak (which is normally around November/December), so what better time to peak than when the playoffs start as opposed to the 2nd month of the season.

I don't know any other team that has consistently started slowly and had a red-hot November/December like the Canucks. That being said, a shortened season and players returning from oversees will probably throw everything out of whack, but the Canucks have by-far the best chance to win the Cup in a shortened season. We have injuries being nursed, old stars who can't survive a grind, a young goalie who hasn't proven he can handle 60+ games and not many players wearing themselves out oversees.

Do you have a source or not? You seem to turn every post into a personal vendetta. What started as a thread about shortened seasons has quicky degenerated into a non-Canucks fanbase bashfest for no good reason. Is it any wonder that fans of other teams loathe Canuck fans. Grow up people.

well if we did win it in a 40 game season and other fans say it was an easy win or whatever we as Canucks fans can always comment/say, 'well if it was an easy win why didn't your team do it (or even make the playoffs)'.

Bottom line is 40 games plus an additional 20 or so is still a big number of games. And there will still be a long grind in the playoffs. I would rather win the cup in a full season because it would be more fun, but even if it is 40 game season it will still be something to be proud of.

Ugh. I could totally see that happening. We win the Cup and all the other team's ???? fans just say, "LOL yeah the only way the Canucks can win the Cup is if the season is shortened. It doesn't even count as a real Cup win." Or some other unintelligent argument like that.

I was unaware that there was a non-anonymous way to "+" a post. Since you seem to be an internet super sleuth maybe you could enlighten me as to how that can be done. The "+" button saves me the trouble of making a bunch of single word posts that read "This" which tend to clog up threads on this board, kind of like the petty insults that you resort to when anybody disagrees with you or demands a source when you make statements that are clearly nonsense. Believe it or not I do actually agree with you once in awhile but it's not very often. Usually it's when you aren't talking about hockey.

I'd rather have no season. Then Mason Raymond will be a UFA again and I hopefully won't have to watch him on this team again.

It also brings us 1 year closer to finding out how much of an absolute travesty this team is going to become when the Sedins pass their prime, revealing how incredibly awful our prospect pool is. Maybe then we can get some management/leadership with actual balls that can re-build this team into a contender.

Archived