The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Dont Want Season Now?

vancouverdepression

Watching the NHL under Bettman is like watching WWE anyhow. The whole "goon squad" standard that the NHL has adopted under Bettman's form of entertainment plan is nauseating at best. Bring on 40 games or whatever and a playoff season. It's equal ground for all teams so why would anyone complain?

Who would want to bite a bullet?

But seriously it doesn't matter how we get the Stanley Cup, as long as we win one already..

EDIT: Also, for example, the Miami Heat won a championship with a shortened season, but still silenced the critics for a while.

The Flames have a Cup and the distinction of successfully dealing with Messier and Gretzky while the Canucks pretty much sucked.

How many Flames from that Stanley Cup winning era were inducted into the HHOF? The Canucks?

Lanny Mac Donald

Joe Mullen

Joe Nieuwendyk

Al MacInnis

Cliff Fletcher

Badger Bob Johnson

Bearcat Murray

Doc Seaman-builder

Harley Hotchkiss-builder

Frank Griffiths and Roger Nielson represent the Canucks from that era.

Not one player.

A shorten season will benefit the real good hockey clubs. Like the Canucks.

A long season can tire a team out, and risk injuries. Of couse this applies to everyone. NOt really. For example, a bad team, healthy or not, is still a bad team, no matter what. however a good team, can be effected by injuries witch will effect the teams performance.

A bad team. loses 1 to 2 of their key players, their still a bad team.

A real good team loses 1 to 2 of their key players. All of a sudden, they are from a real good team to just an average team so they are greatly effected.

I will love to take a shorten season. Our chance of winning the cup goes up.

Surely it could be argued that it is even harder to win it on a shortened season when no one has the excuse of fatigue. It even gives the "lesser" (teams without great depth) teams a better chance.

A win is a win in my book and quite honestly I wouldn't give a flying puck what other teams fans thought. They would be just as happy to win it on a shortened season I bet.

A shorten season will benefit the real good hockey clubs. Like the Canucks.

A long season can tire a team out, and risk injuries. Of couse this applies to everyone. NOt really. For example, a bad team, healthy or not, is still a bad team, no matter what. however a good team, can be effected by injuries witch will effect the teams performance.

A bad team. loses 1 to 2 of their key players, their still a bad team.

A real good team loses 1 to 2 of their key players. All of a sudden, they are from a real good team to just an average team so they are greatly effected.

I will love to take a shorten season. Our chance of winning the cup goes up.

Question Fellow Canuckers: Would your rather win a cup on a 40 game season and hear forever about how we really didnt win a legit cup cause of it from EVERYONE, or would you rather just bite the bullet and let this season go and hope for a full 82 game schedule to win it all!?

Archived