The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

I gotta disagree with you on that. I don't think those actors would have fit the role at all. Charlie Hunnam did a fantastic job. Also, what the hell are you talking about with the girl not being "appealing" enough? They used a Japanese actress because the character was Japanese. She wasn't supposed to be a sex symbol or eye candy either, so they're not going to rewrite the character because some guy might not find Asians attractive.

She could have easily been a different race to fit the story line. The villains could have invaded an African or another Asian or even European country. It was a 30 second scene.

Its Hollywood... eyecandy is important. That's why girls that lack talent are superstars like Megan fox... etc

The Wolverine - 7.5/10

Pros: Wolverine stabs a bunch of people with his claws. The part after the credits. Wolverine changes it up and scratches some people with his claws.

Cons: I didn't really care about any character other than Wolverine and spent the whole time hoping he'd stab them with his claws. (Sadly, he does not stab everybody.)

i didn't have any issue with the pacing myself, but the halfway intelligent person in me did find the redneck representation to be pretty cynical

which is why Mud is a (somewhat) similar, but infinitely better movie