The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Was in the mood for some comedic features lately so I watched:

Identity Thief: 6.5/10

Had its share of funny moments (not to mention a few that actually made me laugh aloud), but was also too predictable as the movie progressed. Bateman and McCarthy were great though.

Warm Bodies: 7.5/10

Didn't know what to expect plot-wise going in, but the movie was enjoyable. The movie is pretty much a modern, yet post apocalyptic allusion of Romeo and Juliet. Having Rob Corddry appear was an added bonus. Always gets a laugh or two out of me.

I thought it was one of the dumbest movies ever. Would've given it more like a 2/10, personally. LOL

Man of Steel - 6.5/10

It was okay, but I thought that it was a bit too slow. Some parts/lines were way too cheesy and the acting was pretty bad at times. Not a movie I'd want to watch again.

I thought it was one of the dumbest movies ever. Would've given it more like a 2/10, personally. LOL

totally agree, i'm completely confused as to why this movie gets any praise at all

nice soundtrack, but everything about the movie seems like something that has been done significantly better before

My sister and niece came by for a visit so I decided to do the gentlemanly thing and allow them to choose a movie to watch. Big mistake. They rented Safe Haven which is basically an MTV version of Sleeping With The Enemy and is worth a solid 2/10 (should be 1/10 but having Julianne Hough and Cobie Smulders in the same movie is worth an additional point). I am glad to report that I survived the ordeal despite my several suicide attempts throughout the feature (if the remote had a sharper edge, I would have successfully committed hara-kiri). Please no more Nick Sparks movie adaptations, please.

Just came back from a Father's Day movie with my kids (19 and 17 . We went to "This is the End". I laughed until I cried, my sides hurt from laughing. I give it a 10/10. Kudos to the actors for so much self-disparaging humour.

Identity Thief - 4/10

Not terrible, but had so much potential to be so much better. Bateman and McCarthy have gret chemistry and gave their all, but there just wasn't enough jokes to keep it afloat. Such a shame.

Good Day to Die Hard - 7/10

Story and acting are sub par but it is an old school style action flick and for that I enjoyed it.

This is the End - I cant give it any better than a 6/10.

It was funny at times but it just came off to me as a giant try hard by all these guys. Sad because I was excited when I saw they were all in this.

Back to the Future III - amazing still.  Kinda surprised no one in hollywood has tried to reboot the franchise yet, or make part 4 starting Doc's kids.

I'm with you on the rebooting. The originals were a lot of fun, but it's an idea that is too good to pass up. My wife and I always thought Micahel Cera would do great in a BTTF film.