The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Iron Man 3 - 8.7/10

sir ben kingsley was the highlight of this movie. also enjoyed it more than iron man 2.

Seconded.

I hated Iron Man 2, but the 3rd one was fantastic. Not sure if it is as good of a movie as the first one, but it is definitely the most enjoyable.

The one-liners were the best I've seen in a movie in ages. My buddy and I laughed so hard, and often.

Kick-Ass 2 - 6/10

I really loved the first Kick-Ass, but both the story and the director weren't up to snuff for the sequel. The majority of the jokes fell flat, the action set pieces were competent but nowhere near as memorable as those in the first. It still gets a 6 because Hit Girl is awesome, the new villain was pretty great, and it gave me fond memories of the first.

Dead Man's Shoes - 6/10

A very grim revenge drama/thriller. Well shot, well scored, well acted, not sure what the point was. I wouldn't really recommend anyone putting themselves through it.

I re-watched...

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: 8/10. Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), the film had me laughing very much. Great jokes with fun action, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a good watch.

Saw it once and was bored.

Michael Cera was his usual uninteresting self.

Does one need to be a teenager to like this film?

Saw it once and was bored.

Michael Cera was his usual uninteresting self.

Does one need to be a teenager to like this film?

My wife and I watched it with her sister & husband. Ages ranged from 32-40. All four of us LOVED it.

I've seen it a 2nd time, and it held up well.

I watched Place Beyond the Pines yesterday. Really liked the cinematography and the shots tracking the actors from behind like a handheld camera. Really good atmosphere, especially given the soundtrack. I wish it finished off a little stronger, how AJ got to where he did was a little confusing. Especially that accent. Gosling, Mendes and Cooper were great. 8.5/10

Grave of the Fireflies: No real strong opinion, I didn't have an emotional response to it at all. I'll give it a 7/10

The animated one or live action? I'd think the animated one would be better but I've only seen the live action film.