The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

I honestly don't get why people are complaining. Yeah we lost this game and the last, but these past 3 games have been a few of our best so far. Everyone expects to win every night, but that isn't going to happen so deal with it. I do agree that Edler has looked horrible, but just like Garrison struggled in the beginning with the expectations I think the same goes for Edler. Just give him some time.

I hope MG decides to address the center position soon. Not to start a cdc riot but Hodgson now has 10 goals vs all our centers combined = 8 + 1 for fill in Raymond.

Schroeder IMO has been pretty solid and should be with Booth and Kassian until the last 10 min of the game. Odds are these guys will play themselves out of there slumps and we could really use some secondary scoring.

I remember how pissed off I was at AV for not giving Hansen a fair shot.

He was sent up and down, given crappy ice time.

while guys like hands of stone Bernier got every chance in the world.

I remember watching Hansen compete and have Flashes of awesomeness then the next day he is scratched and I was like. Why?

But

Look at Hansen now.

AV is pretty dam hard on young guys, but in the long run, if they make it.

They turn into some pretty dam complete players.

Once they earn that with him he takes pride in the player, then sometimes plays favourite

like with Edler and Kes.

I think that's where talent analysis and intuition plays a huge role in a coach's success.

If I take Henrik Sedin and put him in the 4th line with Weise and Sestito, chances are he's going to be a minus player. By that logic, Henrik will never make it out of the 4th line as he would not have earned a promotion to top line and and then we might as well waive him and his -30 to Chicago...

As a coach, it's super important to know all the pieces of your team, each players strengths and weaknesses and put together lines where all 3 players will perfrom to their top potential.

I dont think AV has done that

I think the Canucks will be better when pinizotto is back, we will be much more playoff ready, and we will play with a good edge, when pinizotto returns i would send schroeder down. He will develope better in the minors and also i think it is important for this team to have a bigger third line center considering how brutal playoffs can get. Thats why if we can crete chemistry between lapierre kassian and booth before playoffs starts and pinizotto sestito and weise we can have a very feisty bottom 6

Edler was the weakest link in the D tonight. Coughing up the puck again and again and can't find the target on PP -- Oh wait... he did, he found #33's head :-( Even worse, what the hell is AV thinking to put this guy onto the shootout?

I'd rather see Edler benched for a game or two than Ballard. Sigh...

I think that's where talent analysis and intuition plays a huge role in a coach's success.

If I take Henrik Sedin and put him in the 4th line with Weise and Sestito, chances are he's going to be a minus player. By that logic, Henrik will never make it out of the 4th line as he would not have earned a promotion to top line and and then we might as well waive him and his -30 to Chicago...

As a coach, it's super important to know all the pieces of your team, each players strengths and weaknesses and put together lines where all 3 players will perfrom to their top potential.

I dont think AV has done that

Edler was the weakest link in the D tonight. Coughing up the puck again and again and can't find the target on PP -- Oh wait... he did, he found #33's head :-( Even worse, what the hell is AV thinking to put this guy onto the shootout?

I'd rather see Edler benched for a game or two than Ballard. Sigh...

Henrik Sedin has more than payed his dues. It took him a lot of years to become the player he is. Schroeder is a rookie. He's not going to get the top spots until he earns it. He isn't earning it right now. A coach has to work with the players he has been given and right now the bottom six forwards are not helping this team in anyway. I'm sure that eventually one of them or more will break out with a great game but right now AV has to work with a bunch of guys that haven't produced in weeks and that can't be easy as a coach. Schroeder certainly hasn't outplayed Henrik or Raymond so he won't be getting top line minutes. AV isn't going to trust him defensively right now against third liners as he isn't stopping fourth liners. If Kesler were playing I suspect he would be in Chicago but that is a luxury the Canucks don't have right now. And even while playing on the 4th line JS still gets PP time and nothing ever comes from that either.

The gist of all this is that MG needs to add some Center depth and secondary scoring very soon or this team is in serious trouble.

Archived