The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Last time something like this happened Tim Thomas put on a show, broke some records and won a Cup.

Hopefully Luongo can look at his former nemesis for inspiration. He can sulk, or he can shine when he gets a chance and be this team's savior once again. There's no one in this league who's been through more than he has, if he can mentally overcome this hurdle then he'll be able to overcome the pressure of the playoffs the way Thomas did.

does every Lu-hater/Schneider fanboy have brain damage? he was not complaining about the money idiot, he was saying the contract sucks from a trade standpoint because not alot of GM's want to commit to a contract of that length.

Do you think if Shero knew Crosby was going to be injured as much as he has been he would have given him that monster deal? No. Signing any player to a longterm deal always is a gamble and carries potential risk. This whole mess is on Gillis

Um, somebody else was also involved in the contract. You know, the second guy that signs it who set out his contract demands in the first place.

I find it hilarious how many are complaining about Lou's contract now. The vast majority loved it when it was signed. I was among the very, very few that didn't like it at all from day one.

Um, somebody else was also involved in the contract. You know, the second guy that signs it who set out his contract demands in the first place.

I find it hilarious how many are complaining about Lou's contract now. The vast majority loved it when it was signed. I was among the very, very few that didn't like it at all from day one.

Why do so many of you think fans chase players away? Do you think a GM scours the internet and bases decisions on what fans are saying? Players themselves don't pay attention to fans why would a GM? The first thing players learn is that fans boo and cheer and you have no control over what they do... If you think your cheering or others booing is making a difference, you are wrong.

I just don't get why Lu couldn't remain the starter. The team was winning Division titles, President's trophies, and nearly won the Cup. A Schneider trade a year ago would have been easy, and could have brought in a real asset that might have pushed the team over the top. Instead, no assets have come in, we're way over budget in the crease, the team is in moderate disarray, and we've created a circus in our attempt to unload a nearly unmovable contract.

I don't see how this gets better unless MG swings a helluva sweet Lu trade in the summer. Who knows. If Kipper retires, maybe Feaster will take Lu right before he gets fired.

What an idiotic post

1) he said he was never approached to wave his NTC for a trade

2) he just said he would be happy to walk away from all that money

3) he has sucked it up for a long time, longer than what most would put up with

Loungo is the greatest goalie in Canuck history and is being treated like a smuck.

Keep Lui and trade Cory

All Luongo wants is to be a starter, he still loves this City and the team

I mean really, the Sedin's are probably the best hockey players ever to play in this city, and Gillis goes down to the wire with them playing hardball in contract negotiations that came close to the deadline.

And this guy gets a ridiculous deal that runs until he's 43 years old?

I really never did get this whole deal with Luongo and the monster contract. Not then, not now.

Oh, so that's how negotiating works huh? The GM just says, "Hey Lou, want a boatload of money and a till death do us part term?". And Lou says, "Well I didn't ask for anything Mike, but if I have to I guess it's ok."

Sure sparky, that's just how it works.

Luongo didn't demand that contract, Gillis offered that to him to decrease his cap hit.

the people who are complaining Luougo's contract are probably the group that are really bad at math. The contract itself isn't the problem, the managment and fans are the problems.

In fact, this type of front load contract was considered a loophole by the NHL, and give teams advantages over normal contract that they had to stop this type of contract to be given out in the future.

the only group of people, which sadly is a very large group, who dislike Luongo's contract are the ones who can't even understand the general concept of a cap hit... they are usually the one who yell "luongo and his 10 million dollars of cap hit!1114" a couple years ago. You want to join them? or you were one of those guys?

do you think it was Luongo's idea to frontload it so it would lower his caphit? no, that was Gillis. he structured that deal not Luongo, Luongo just agreed to it but Gillis presented it to him, "sparky"

I mean really, the Sedin's are probably the best hockey players ever to play in this city, and Gillis goes down to the wire with them playing hardball in contract negotiations that came close to the deadline.

And this guy gets a ridiculous deal that runs until he's 43 years old?

I really never did get this whole deal with Luongo and the monster contract. Not then, not now.

yes thank you for saying i'm deluded and then repeating exactly what i said lol. frontloading his contract allowed for a lower caphit because of the cheap years at the end of it. go to bed you must be tired

Archived