The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

So you want a red carpet rolled out every game so Lui can come on to the ice in style? And maybe play a commemorative video of his two shutouts in the finals to celebrate? What exactly do you expect?? Schneider is playing better and is the goalie going forward... Tried to trade Lui at the deadline but no takers. Why is that the team or fans fault?

How many playoff games had Roberto played when Vancouver acquired him ? ;)

Everyone starts with zero experience. Patrick Roy was a callup with almost no NHL experience in 1986, and he walked away with a Cup and a Conn Smythe that year.

He's gonna make, what, a $100,000,000.00 playing hockey and says the money sucks because he's been outshined by someone younger, and so far - better.

cry me a river

Suck it it buttercup, and be ready for action when/if you're called upon.

There's your bed, go sleep in it.

I would expect more respect from the fan base for our best goalie in franchise

. I expect seeing some kind of normal logic from the fan base in Vancouver where they won't blame luongo solely for the lost I the scf final

. I would expect managment would not rashly bank on their future on a goalie who played a total of five whooping playoff games,

or that fans would not treat that goalie like he's the next Roy, just to chase him away in the future as soon as the team lose in the playoff.

Logic and respect... That's all I want to see from people in this city towards our franchise goalie...

off season waivers! there goes his NTC no choice in where u go when u get grabbed off waivers... or clear waivers and play in the AHL it would probably only take a year or two and he would retire and canucks wouldnt owe him any more money... thats a better option than rewarding him with a buyout at this point we just need out from under his cap hit so waivers is the way to go ... all the luongo fan boys can go watch him play in abbotsford when the canucks move the peoria rivermen their. the only way he gets traded and we get any value for him with picks or prospects we will have to take a bad contract in return aswell still screwing us against the cap. if Lu ever goes to florida we would get stuck with campbell but maybe gillis will think campbell garrison back together would be awesome

He's gonna make, what, a $100,000,000.00 playing hockey and says the money sucks because he's been outshined by someone younger, and so far - better.

cry me a river

Suck it it buttercup, and be ready for action when/if you're called upon.

There's your bed, go sleep in it.

Seems like this was probably a good thing for him. He sounds like he didn't have a realistic view of the situation and this probably opened his eyes. If you sign the huge contract that brings big expectations. If you don't want that sign smaller shorter term deals.

Seems like this was probably a good thing for him. He sounds like he didn't have a realistic view of the situation and this probably opened his eyes. If you sign the huge contract that brings big expectations. If you don't want that sign smaller shorter term deals.

Archived