The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burn 2,998 Qurans to commemorate 9/11 12th anniversary

key2thecup

Maybe. But we have yet to see atheists in the name of atheism, an extremist approach, organize large cults in an effort to stone gays among others and claim it as the will of the FSM. We're better off without religion and god or gods -- it's nothing more than primitive belief systems to explain reality which is obviously not applicable to the 21st century given how much we now know which evidently contradicts and disproves those primitive beliefs.

Then I suggest you don't put all your faith in one person, even if he's a doctor.

From the article you referred to...

Other psychologists have mixed views about Dr. Haidt’s ideas.

Frans B. M. de Waal, a primatologist at Emory University, said he disagreed with Dr. Haidt’s view that the task of morality is to suppress selfishness. Many animals show empathy and altruistic tendencies but do not have moral systems.

Read up on the history of religion. You'll fine mass murder and oppression all in the name of religion. Don't be naive.

Wtf are you talking about? When did I say mass murder and oppression was exclusive to religion?

You can deny religion's ugly record in the history of mankind and put all your faith in the findings of one study from one psychologist if you want. I don't have blinders on my friend, but I think you do. And I think you are in denial.

lol...oh this wasn't meant as irony.

I agree with you thatreligion is in general bad especially looking at it's history. Like anything else there are good aspects to it especially individually but like anything else it fails on a more broad spectrum level. Just like any other organization. Look at broad spectrum news. It has people like you convinced that the middle east is some dangerous place filled with people who pull people out into the streets to murder them and will kill you if you burn a Koran.

Archived