The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Advance Voting Wed May 8 to Sat May 11 - See Post #433

Wetcoaster

I wouldn't get too excited just yet:

Just 7 points separate BC Liberals and NDP: Poll

CTV British Columbia

Published Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:00PM PDT

The B.C. leadership horserace just got a lot closer, with new numbers suggesting just a seven point gap separates the ruling BC Liberals and New Democrats.

An Angus Reid Public Opinion poll conducted in partnership with CTV News and the Globe and Mail released Thursday found that 41 per cent of people surveyed would vote for the New Democrats if the election were held tomorrow, while BC Liberals would garner 34 per cent of the vote.

The poll shows a slide of four points for the NDP since late April, while Liberals gained three points.

I never read much into these polls, but people are finally seeing the NDP for what they really are.

The paid ad itself featured a poll question, and the response to it did have Clark ahead of Dix. More sour grapes from our resident NDP backers...

As for this poll?

"An Angus Reid Public Opinion poll conducted in partnership with CTV News and the Globe and Mail released Thursday found that 41 per cent of people surveyed would vote for the New Democrats if the election were held tomorrow, while BC Liberals would garner 34 per cent of the vote.

Angus Reid Public Opinion surveyed 808 randomly selected B.C. residents from May 1 to 2. It claims a margin of error of +/-3.5%."

Like I said yesterday. As the Gap seems to tighten this might actually end up boding worse. This might drive up the get out and vote campaign from the NDP. I would not be surprised to hear something like unions renting busses to deliver voters. Fear is the best motivator and if the unions and the NDP feel like things might be getting too close for comfort. They could really get their base to move. This just got a little more exciting. I'm loving it.

Like I said yesterday. As the Gap seems to tighten this might actually end up boding worse. This might drive up the get out and vote campaign from the NDP. I would not be surprised to hear something like unions renting busses to deliver voters. Fear is the best motivator and if the unions and the NDP feel like things might be getting too close for comfort. They could really get their base to move. This just got a little more exciting. I'm loving it.

Or it rallies BC Liberal voters who were planning to not vote given the claimed "insurmountable lead" held by the BC NDP.

It seems the Dix strategy of laying back may make it difficult to kick up the campaign intensity - the Canucks have been burned by laying back and trying to nurse a lead home often enough.

And Dix is just not a likeable sort.

However ultimately...

The only poll that counts is the one on election day. ~ former premier WAC Bennett

I'd be interested to know the size and demographic of people being contacted for these supposed polls.

They really don't mean anything and can be manipulated and skewed to present whichever arguement one chooses to defend.

I still have faith that BC is not stupid enough to cut their own throats by voting in a party that has proven time and again to be detrimental to the province and economy. The ndp are best suited in a watchdog role and nothing more.

Archived