The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Won't be voting in Provincial Election and done supporting NDP

J529

I don't believe it to be the fault/result of Cummins - I see this issue more from a vote-splitting perspective. Simply put, enough votes go to the BCCP for them to make their mark in provincial politics, but not concentrated enough in a riding to get a BCCP MLA into Victoria.

Both leaders are thoroughly unelectable. Clark's simply incompetent, and how the NDP could allow someone with Dix's background to represent the party is ludicrous. I'm seriously considering voting for the Green Party solely because I don't think you have a right to complain if you didn't vote.

I have served in countries where people have died in the fight for a vote - The right to vote is the basis of democracy and it is what seperates us from Tyranny.

Although others may not share my opinion I beleive that everyone not only should vote - there should be stiff financial penalties for those that don't. If more people voted - more people would care about the types of goverments we elect and we would all be better off.

I have served in countries where people have died in the fight for a vote - The right to vote is the basis of democracy and it is what seperates us from Tyranny.

Although others may not share my opinion I beleive that everyone not only should vote - there should be stiff financial penalties for those that don't. If more people voted - more people would care about the types of goverments we elect and we would all be better off.

Seems now that the NDP is officially against the not even actually proposed for real yet Kinder Morgan twinning to go along with the Enbridge one. Natural gas fracking under review. New forestry commissioner to add a level of beaurocracy to that industry. New tax for the banks. Higher taxes for just about everyone. But hey, a greater subsidy for the film industry, which I guess is going to be our economic salvation. It's going to need to be.

^ What a flimsy, fantastical platform. We'll just make movies and we can all live off of bikram yoga and wheat grass. Life will be sublime.

That pipeline already exists and its 30 years old. Twinning it is probably the best thing to do as it would allow the company to inspect and update every inch of the existing pipeline.

But as soon as the NDP hear the word pipeline its NOOOO NoooNO NopeNopeNope.

Guess what? Every facet of your life is dependant upon oil. The food youeat, that stupid iphone in your hand, everything that is modern and convenient in our lives is fully dependant on oil and pipelines. Everything. We are all oily consumer hypocrites.

We should be angling towards a sustainable and environmentally friendly future but that ain't the way things are now and change isn't gonna happen overnight. To just poo poo every pipeline on principle is stupid and reckless.

Seems now that the NDP is officially against the not even actually proposed for real yet Kinder Morgan twinning to go along with the Enbridge one. Natural gas fracking under review. New forestry commissioner to add a level of beaurocracy to that industry. New tax for the banks. Higher taxes for just about everyone. But hey, a greater subsidy for the film industry, which I guess is going to be our economic salvation. It's going to need to be.

^ What a flimsy, fantastical platform. We'll just make movies and we can all live off of bikram yoga and wheat grass. Life will be sublime.

That pipeline already exists and its 30 years old. Twinning it is probably the best thing to do as it would allow the company to inspect and update every inch of the existing pipeline.

But as soon as the NDP hear the word pipeline its NOOOO NoooNO NopeNopeNope.

Guess what? Every facet of your life is dependant upon oil. The food youeat, that stupid iphone in your hand, everything that is modern and convenient in our lives is fully dependant on oil and pipelines. Everything. We are all oily consumer hypocrites.

We should be angling towards a sustainable and environmentally friendly future but that ain't the way things are now and change isn't gonna happen overnight. To just poo poo every pipeline on principle is stupid and reckless.

Taxes are rising no matter who we elect in the long term.

The backwards NDP economic policy will just get us there sooner. When you make it harder to do business in an global economic slowdown the net effect on revenues is not always what one wants it to be.

The reality is, we are bent over a barrel and you just have to decide who you want to f*ck you for the next 4 to 8 years. The only losers are the public here. The party that loses will gain power in 4 to 8 and can apply their terrible agenda then. I dislike both parties, a LOT. I will be burying my head in the sand this election. First time in my life that I will not be voting...

Archived