The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Also think everyone is overreacting a lot since you haven't given him a chance with these latest moves...at least wait and see what happens in the season, heck Mash's Yotes (no offense) made the finals this year and weren't even a powerhouse team. STHS does it's thing, and if Grabovski-Zajac-Eriksson can click, I can surely say most of you bashing him won't be talking then. If it doesn't work out, well you can't really say much cause it's STHS doing it's thing lol cause honestly, a line of that calibre should be an easy best top 3 in the league.

...think you can kind of relate this to Columbus in real life a few years back...they rebuilt, made some 'bonehead' moves at the time and people were laughing and overreacting as they always due, but now look; they're a contender with talent waiting to burst open, similar to Swee and Dallas right now..

Edit: nevermind, seems like the panic button has been hit

League Announcement:

Swedishdomination has been relieved of his duties as GM of the Dallas Stars

Both deals are void, as the trade lock is still in effect

League Announcement:

Swedishdomination has been relieved of his duties as GM of the Dallas Stars

Both deals are void, as the trade lock is still in effect

you-re-fired-o.gif

Also think everyone is overreacting a lot since you haven't given him a chance with these latest moves...at least wait and see what happens in the season, heck Mash's Yotes (no offense) made the finals this year and weren't even a powerhouse team.

Honestly, my team wasn't a powerhouse, you're right. However, the situation is completely different. I did my thing, had my team stocked for a rebuild, and then moved my excess for players that happened to work well (Semin, Little, Filppula), no they aren't the best players, but they worked well and I still have a lot of picks (almost all of them) and a lot of prospects left.

Swee on the other hand stripped down a powerhouse team that Chimon had done very well with, and turned it into the biggest festering pile of garbage in the league since New York (Pre-Ari, and who was that GM? Oh, it's the same guy as Dallas). Then he makes 2 trades which are scraping the bottom of the barrel for a somewhat okay first line, when he has absolutely no depth at all.

Yeah sure, that first line could work. What did he have to back it up though? Stacks of AHL players.

There is no fair comparison you can make and not have it be a major insult to the other teams. If Swee hadn't been vetoed, he probably would have traded Eriksson right away too.

Don't even try to compare it, his team was a special kind of f*cked.

I built my team, he ripped his apart and traded whatever he had left (or tried) in lopsided deals. Complete garbage

Decision is not coming off of the latest deals, it is something that VC and myself have discussed at some length, for some time. In no way does this mean that Swefish is not allowed in the league, but we feel that to keep the league competitive, and in the interest of fairness, it is better if Dallas is taken over by a more experienced General Manager. We encourage Swefish take up an Assistant GM position, to gain experience, and potentially return to a full-time role in the future.

Hey Swee, if you want a job you can clean the toilets of Rexall Place for me.

(seriously though, take an agm role from someone and really study how they run a team)

Don't take an AGM job from me though, I'm a horrible GM who missed the playoffs two years in a row and then fluked into the finals.

I'm not even kidding.

I know how to run a team.

Basically don't gut any part of your team, be it starting roster or future and don't go balls out for what you want. Hope for a dab of luck. It's simple.

It's just no goddamn fun and you don't grow any attachment to your team this way

I have like two original Coyotes in my forward group, so I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Archived