The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

So here's what I said a couple weeks ago, truth? Yes. Pretty stoked about predicting that one, I gotta say. Next step is to bring back Bertuzzi!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Think about it people...re-signing Sestito...bringing in Tortorella...ain't no way we are ditching Luongo now, Aquilinis will never have it, we are building some Little Italy sort of thing over here. Schneider is out at the draft, mark my words, the pattern is fairly clear.

super human goalie? schneider didnt do that well in the playoffs, schneider being a top class goalie still remains to be seen. If gillis couldve gotten more assets from a rival then make the trade b/c u get more in return. If our team really is that well-built and ready to contend for the cup, we shouldn't be scared of seeing schneider in the playoffs then.

I do not believe for one moment that Torts had nothing to do with this draft. MG made a lot of decisions based on what Torts believe is the best roster going forward. With our goaltending depth, I believe Torts was the factor that swayed the organization in a direction the AV/MG combo was always too out of sync to make.

Anyone else feel bad for Horvat? Being thrown into this situation, he just wanted to be drafted.. MG has put quite a bit of pressure on a young player, if you watch the interview the guy keeps grilling MG about his choice to trade Schneider and not even focusing on the player sitting right beside him! I think he picked a very poor moment to try and squeeze information out of MG, we all know he's not getting much- that's what MG does, he tries to keep things out of the public. (Minus the snitches that keep leaking info)

MG definitely could have gotten more though, I think we can all agree on that.. But like it's been reported, he didn't want to trade with a division rival we would be playing on a regular basis, so what can you do? Over all, this is the player that he wanted to acquire and he did that. I just hope Lu stays here in Vancouver and can forgive the crappy choices the Canucks management made, as well as the stupid fans that turned their back on him! Because, if not? We're going to end up having to give up some of the prospects we already gave up so much for (aka Cory Schneider) just to get another goalie. Duh... lol Then we're right back to square one.

I really hope he can some how talk Jim Nill into trading Eriksson... The other guy was a moron, but obviously he has a head on his shoulders. So it's probably not very likely. *sigh* Either way (As always) I can't wait to see what happens.. How this team can be "mucked up" anymore or salvaged from this day forward. <_<

The Canucks future is definitely better now than it was before the draft. Hated to see Cory go but Bo will be a key figure in the future. I've been a Gillis hater for some time but have to admit he did well this draft.

After looking at our prospects central page and the players we drafted Sunday, we have now 14 D prospects, and only 3 right handed shots. And I haven't heard Mullen's name ever mentioned in any conversation about our prospects so I don't know if he's just going to be a guy on the farm or what.

Obviously the number of lefthanded D-men is way more than right handed D-men in general, but we should have more in the pipe.

Not sure why that's not addressed but would be nice to get a few more..

Archived