The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts tomorrow

canuckbeliever

Why is he a 5 million dollar goalie when he's averaged 8 million over the last few years? He is getting his money in advance of performance and isn't living up to it.

I'm sure the management is just thrilled about their 5 million dollar keeper that the'll pay 7 million per year for 10 years.

Why is he a 5 million dollar goalie when he's averaged 8 million over the last few years? He is getting his money in advance of performance and isn't living up to it.

I'm sure the management is just thrilled about their 5 million dollar keeper that the'll pay 7 million per year for 10 years.

Some of you just make me laugh.

Why does anyone get a bigger paycheque than another? Why does Crosby pull in more than Malkin? It's because they are supposed to be better. Luongo scraped out a top 20 this year in goalie stats (average). Management deserves better from him.

I don't blame Luongo for yesterdays loss (the second goal was iffy and that really was the game breaker) but he sure as hell isn't the best goalie is the league as his salary suggests he is. He isn't even the best goalie on the team.

Edit.

and if anyone thinks that these players with front loaded contracts are gonna play 10 years from now for 1 mill per they are just delusional..

Why does anyone get a bigger paycheque than another? Why does Crosby pull in more than Malkin? It's because they are supposed to be better. Luongo scraped out a top 20 this year in goalie stats (average). Management deserves better from him.

I don't blame Luongo for yesterdays loss (the second goal was iffy and that really was the game breaker) but he sure as hell isn't the best goalie is the league as his salary suggests he is. He isn't even the best goalie on the team.

Fun Fact: Sedins for years have needed a big power forward to take the pressure off them, especially for playoffs, and for years they haven't been given that type of player, horrible GM.

Lol somehow these fans think Luongo is part of management and wrote his own contract....MIKE GILLIS offered this contract to Lu and he accepted. MG made the commitment to Lu to be our goalie for a while, and to lower the cap hit he made the term a long time.

So if anything this all bad management. Why did he offer a 12 year contract instead of a 4-6 year contract like the Sedins and Kesler? So it is Luongo's fault again because he took an offer?

I'm not even gonna reply to the idiotic comments. Lui gave us a chance to win last night and that's all u can ask of an elite goaltender.

Hope the boys freaking show up to play tomorrow or it really won't make a difference even if lui plays the best game of his career.

GET TWO GOALS + HAMHUIS PLEASE PLEASEEEE NK REPEAT OF LAST NIGHT. I drank my self into the abyss because of him last night.

While I agree with most of what you said...here are the numbers:

2013 NHL Player Cap Hit

Goalies $m

Rinne 7.0

Lundqvist 6.875

Price 6.5

Ward 6.3

Miller 6.25

Backstrom 6.0

Kiprusoff 5.833

Bryzgalov 5.666

Luongo 5.333

Thomas 5.0

Remember, Schneider was made "number 1" so what was Luongo supposed to do?

Our goals for average per game has been dropping every year since 2011, and our goals against average per game has been increasing...coincidence that as Luongo plays less and Schneider more?

Sorry, IMHO, Schneider and Luongo are about the same...even the Sharks have said so in interviews...

Lol somehow these fans think Luongo is part of management and wrote his own contract....MIKE GILLIS offered this contract to Lu and he accepted. MG made the commitment to Lu to be our goalie for a while, and to lower the cap hit he made the term a long time.

So if anything this all bad management. Why did he offer a 12 year contract instead of a 4-6 year contract like the Sedins and Kesler? So it is Luongo's fault again because he took an offer?

Aren't the Sedins considered elite top NHL players? They won art ross trophies and a Hart and you are trying to say they have not gotten a player to complement them? Sedins can play with anybody and that player will be a goal scorer clearly prove. Elite players make other players better don't need players to help them

Archived