The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu, Edler, move up in draft.

To Florida: Luongo

To Van: Alex Petrovic, 2nd round pick

To Philly: Alex Edler,, 2013 1st round pick

To Van: Sean Couturier, 2013 1st round pick

Lets be honest, Lu isn't getting us the return we thought. Halak who was more valuable when he was traded only got the Habs Lars Eller and Ian Shultz. It's quite likely Florida would say no, if not i'd go for Brian Campbell straight up.

I looked at a lot of trades involving high end defenders and elite prospects like Couturier, I think this is the only time he may ever be available as Philly is desperate for a top 4 defender. Though Edler is the best player in this deal by far right now, Couts is very young and projected to be an absolute star.

Because the gap is so wide right now we would also swap picks and jump into the 11th spot at the draft.

To Florida: Luongo

To Van: Alex Petrovic, 2nd round pick

To Philly: Alex Edler,, 2013 1st round pick

To Van: Sean Couturier, 2013 1st round pick

Lets be honest, Lu isn't getting us the return we thought. Halak who was more valuable when he was traded only got the Habs Lars Eller and Ian Shultz. It's quite likely Florida would say no, if not i'd go for Brian Campbell straight up.

I looked at a lot of trades involving high end defenders and elite prospects like Couturier, I think this is the only time he may ever be available as Philly is desperate for a top 4 defender. Though Edler is the best player in this deal by far right now, Couts is very young and projected to be an absolute star.

Because the gap is so wide right now we would also swap picks and jump into the 11th spot at the draft.

Edler's back problems worry me, he said it will never be 100%

Time to pull the Paul Holmgren on him and trade him before his NTC kicks in.

Maybe we will be able to get Mark Streit on a 1 year deal to replace him for a PP quarterback.

I like the Edler - Couturier deal. We'll have a good mixture of size, skill, speed, and grit for our future top 6 of Couturier, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Kassian, Gaunce, and Schroeder. I don't know about Petrovic though. He's a big, physical right handed defenseman, but that'll make us have 3 really good and reliable right handers with no one currently in the organization that could play a top 4 left side role in the future.

^ There's depth but will we score? According to the OP's proposal, we take away a 40-50 point defenseman and add prospects and 1 roster player. And that "kid" line... looks promising but it might be too soon for all three to play in the NHL.

^ There's depth but will we score? According to the OP's proposal, we take away a 40-50 point defenseman and add prospects and 1 roster player. And that "kid" line... looks promising but it might be too soon for all three to play in the NHL.

Archived