The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) in light of current rumours- Realistically Amazing!

Whatever if this happened id be ecstatic, jumping round my room in excitment deciding on whos jersey I would buy, Ryans, Ribieros or Valeris, most likely Valeris!

You can all hate away, but if these trades happend come season time, none of you would be hating, or saying Gillis doesnt have Balls blah blah, hed have finally made big bold moves like he promised, and brought in size skill youth, and know one would be upset as we would be winning games!

Trades

1. Kesler and Schroder to Nashville for #4 overall and Forsberg (don't say this is ridiculous, you're giving up a selke in his prime for 2 players who have done nothing in the NHL).

2. Edler and our first this year, 2nd next to Philly for #11 overall and Coutourier

3. Jensen and #11 to FLA for #2 overall (FLA doesn't need a center (Mckinnon), they get a terrific young scorer and still have a very high pick, good deal for them 2 for 1 effectively).

4. Schieder to Col for #1 overall and Sami Aittokallio - Roy will want a stud in net. Love schnieds but he's our best bargaining chip).

5. Ballard and Higgins to NYI for Matt Martin and their first. (NYI needs vet defenseman, especially with Streit leaving, Ballard fits the bill, can skate, offensive, can man the pp, has been miscast here but still has a ton of value, helps them get to cap floor as well). Higgins is from NY, hometown boy would jump at it. He's redundant here, and those two should get us Martin and thier pick. They have too much youth and need vets to help them get to the next level. I see this as very plausible. and we NEED Martin. Exactly what our 4th is missing.

Result

We have #1,2 and 4 and #15 this year.

Draft

Jones #1

Mckinnon #2

Nikulshin #4

Horvat/Rychel/Gauthier at 15

We added coutourier and martin

Sign Clarkson

Sign Boyd Gordon or Steckel for the 4th

Lines

Sedin Sedin Clarkson

Forsberg Coutourier Nikulshin

Burrows Mckinnon Kassian

Martin Lappierre Hansen

Defense

Hammer/Jones

Garrison / Tanev

Bieksa / Corrado

Lou

Lack

Booth/Gordon/Gaunce depth

Current and Future is set

Future

Forsberg McKinnon Kassian

Winger Coutourier Nikulishin

Winger Gaunce Horvat

Jones/Tanev/Corrado as your top 3 of 4

Lack in net

Trades

1. Kesler and Schroder to Nashville for #4 overall and Forsberg (don't say this is ridiculous, you're giving up a selke in his prime for 2 players who have done nothing in the NHL).

2. Edler and our first this year, 2nd next to Philly for #11 overall and Coutourier

3. Jensen and #11 to FLA for #2 overall

4. Schieder to Col for #1 overall and Sami Aittokallio

5. Ballard and Higgins to NYI for Matt Martin and their first.

Result

Draft

Jones #1

Mckinnon #2

Nikulshin #4

Sign Clarkson

Lines

Sedin Sedin Forsberg

Clarkson Coutourier Nikulshin

Burrows Mckinnon Kassian

Martin Lappierre Hansen

Defense

Hammer/Jones

Garrison / Tanev

Bieksa / Corrado

Lou

Lack

I think they'd make the move for Kesler. He's considered one of the top 10 centers in the game (arguably) and in his prime. Those dont come around very often, especially for effectively non roster and unproven players. Nashville is desperate for that type of player and they did miss the playoffs lets not forget that, in a market that needs the playoffs.

Put it this way, would Nasville trade Erat and #4 for Kesler...I think so.

Hey, I think we should be as open-minded as we possibly can. Obviously, what he had hasn't been working. I'd be open to anyone being traded so that we could have a better chance to succeed. Be this for the long term or short term. I believe in Gillis. Yes, losing AV was brutal and (as much as this is contradictory to whatI just said) I want Gillis to pay for that but I think him knowing he's also one crap season away from being run out of town then I think he's going to go all in. Be patient, people, and let us see what he has up his sleeve.

umm typos? really? wow dude...let it go grammar police.

Over the cap? how?

Minus

Kesler = 5mil

Ballard = 4 mil

Edler = 5 mil

Schnieder = 4 mil

Schroder = 1 mil

Higgins = 2 mil

Total removed = 21 ml

Added

Coutourier = 1 ml

Nikolshin = 1 ml (rounding)

Forsberg = 1 ml (rounding)

Martin = 1 ml

Mckinnon = 1 mil (rounding)

Jones = 1 mil (rounding)

Clarkson = 4.5 ml (est)

Total Added = 10.5 ml

Difference of 10.5 mil effectively that we've created in cap space. That gets us well under.

I agree but you have to give up to get. Its a high risk trade but I think reality is the only players we can move of value are Kesler (assuming he'd waive), Schnieder and Edler.

Other than that we can't get younger

Clearly many of these moves are 'wishful thinking' as alot of moving pieces need to fall into place and that can be almost impossible. ie Edler and the home town discount then trading, not seen very well by players in the league, you screw yourself long term etc.

Really the only sure trade would be Schnieds, Ballard and Higgins and maybe Kes if he'll waive but as you say...when he's healthy personally I'd rather have him on this team than anyone else in the playoffs.

But we need youth, we need speed...we have few tradeable assets.

Hey, I think we should be as open-minded as we possibly can. Obviously, what he had hasn't been working. I'd be open to anyone being traded so that we could have a better chance to succeed. Be this for the long term or short term. I believe in Gillis. Yes, losing AV was brutal and (as much as this is contradictory to whatI just said) I want Gillis to pay for that but I think him knowing he's also one crap season away from being run out of town then I think he's going to go all in. Be patient, people, and let us see what he has up his sleeve.

Trades

3. Jensen and #11 to FLA for #2 overall (FLA doesn't need a center (Mckinnon), they get a terrific young scorer and still have a very high pick, good deal for them 2 for 1 effectively).

4. Schieder to Col for #1 overall and Sami Aittokallio - Roy will want a stud in net. Love schnieds but he's our best bargaining chip).

5. Ballard and Higgins to NYI for Matt Martin and their first. (NYI needs vet defenseman, especially with Streit leaving, Ballard fits the bill, can skate, offensive, can man the pp, has been miscast here but still has a ton of value, helps them get to cap floor as well). Higgins is from NY, hometown boy would jump at it. He's redundant here, and those two should get us Martin and thier pick. They have too much youth and need vets to help them get to the next level. I see this as very plausible. and we NEED Martin. Exactly what our 4th is missing.

Result

Draft

Jones #1

Mckinnon #2

Nikulshin #4

Sign Clarkson

Lines

Sedin Sedin Clarkson

Forsberg Coutourier Nikulshin

Burrows Mckinnon Kassian

Martin Lappierre Hansen

Defense

Hammer/Jones

Garrison / Tanev

Bieksa / Corrado

Lou

Lack

Current and Future is set

Future

Forsberg McKinnon Kassian

Winger Coutourier Nikulishin

Winger Gaunce Horvat

Jones/Tanev/Corrado as your top 3 of 4

Lack in net

I don't know...when he is healthy he's a difference maker. You're telling me that Kesler during a good season isn't equal to Dastyuk on a mediocre season? Throw Datsyuks name out there even on the decline and teams get erect and pay attention. Kesler is no different he just plays harder and doesn't seem to be as durable

I don't know...when he is healthy he's a difference maker. You're telling me that Kesler during a good season isn't equal to Dastyuk on a mediocre season? Throw Datsyuks name out there even on the decline and teams get erect and pay attention. Kesler is no different he just plays harder and doesn't seem to be as durable

Archived