The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Drew Miller re-signs with Red Wings

Friday, 06.14.2013 / 1:02 PM

Drew Miller of the Detroit Red Wings has signed a three-year contract extension worth $1.35 million per season, according to a report by MLive.com.

Miller, 29, scored four goals and tallied eight points in 44 games during the 2012-13 shortened NHL season. He missed the end of the regular season and the beginning of the Stanley Cup Playoffs due to a broken right hand, but returned to score the winning goal in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals against the Chicago Blackhawks as well as add an assist in six postseason contests.

"It feels great," Miller told the Detroit Free Press. "I'm excited, my wife is excited, my family is excited. This is where I wanted to be. It's a great organization, great coaching staff, great bunch of guys. We have a lot of talent in the locker room, and I believe we'll be a very good team next year."

The 6-foot-2, 178-pound forward was claimed off waivers by the Red Wings from the Tampa Bay Lightning in November 2009. He had career highs of 14 goals, 25 points and four game-winning goals during the 2011-12 season.

Archived