Dalton Thrower

Elias Lindholm

Morgan Klimchuk

Emile Poirier

--

Detroit Red Wings Budget Allocation:

Training/Medical: $14,000,000

Player Development: $21,000,000

It's been brought to my attention that a few team charts had an error in their code which caused them to incorrectly calculate the amount of money spent on the teams minor league budget. This has been fixed and all minor league budgets are now accurate. Teams that had errors in code and were effected by this glitch are:

ANA, LA, CBJ, TOR, NJ, NYR, PIT

i have also found an error....coho´s salary is 4 million...not 3,525

Ahh i seem to recall some salaries were pro rated for days on IR or mid season trades, i have gone over my entire roster and its good to go, thank you C2X, maybe we should all give a quick once over to our team sheets and save this hard working commissioner some time.

That part is a pain for sure. But don't think I can make it do that automatically. I just right click on it and select open link in new tab.

I think holding down Ctrl or Cmd and clicking the link will open it in a new tab.

A reminder!!

Deadline to file for Arbitration - June 22, 2013 @ 5:00pm Pacific Time

4.2.3 – Arbitration

- Players 23 or 24 years of age as of July 1st are eligible for team elected arbitration.

- Players 25 or 26 years of age as of July 1st are eligible for player elected arbitration.

- A player with arbitration rights cannot be asked by their club to file for arbitration, that decision is at the sole discretion of the player and their agent. Doing so will result in the club losing the player to unrestricted free agency.

- Electing for arbitration removes the possibility for the player to sign offer sheets.

- Teams can have a maximum of one team elected and one player elected arbitration case per season.

- The decision to opt for arbitration must be made by June 22nd of any given season.

^I was worried Jake Muzzin would be an arbitration case, and I didn't want to be the guinea pig, haha, so happy he signed with us eventually. Now I want to see what he signs for IRL, as I saw today his TSN rating, while not a super great gauge, put him as the second best rookie in the league this year. He trailed Patrick Wiercioch by 0.35 points and led Brandon Saad, Justin Shultz and Dougie Hamilton by at least 0.59 points. Congrats Jake, well done. Bobby Sanguinetti at 23rd and Marcus Foligno at 26th on the TSN rating list of Rookies are also making New York proud.

EDIT: Now with more link!

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10841

CDCGML Insider!!!

Reports that some big names will be testing free agency have been ongoing for a while, but they appear to be ramping up as the July 25th deadline approaches. Sources indicate that Corey Perry has been speaking with agencies and is expected to hire an agent within the next few days as he surveys his options for next season. He's likely to have no shortage of suitors. Derek Roy has been rumored to be looking for an agent as well, but no sources could confirm this.

After selecting top defence prospect Seth Jones at the draft on Thursday, Calgary has been devastated by flooding and massive renovations and repairs will be required at the Saddledome before the team can play there next season. Sources have suggested the team could play in a nearby arena in Red Deer while renovations continue. Upon seeing the flood images this morning, top draftee Seth Jones remarked that he "knew the team was in deep water, but this is ridiculous".

With the arbitration deadline looming, there are rumblings that one or more players may choose to file before the 5:00pm deadline. Who those players are remain a mystery. As for team elected arbitration hearings, things have been very quiet in that regard as it seems teams may be reluctant to test the system in a year where the cap comes down.

Speaking of cap crunch, a few teams are facing significant difficulty as free agency looms. Formerly a budget team, the Oilers are sitting $5 million dollars over the cap for next season presently, and still have a few holes to fill on the roster. Could trades be on the horizon? Or are they already in the works? A few other teams are in similar situations, so the trade market looks as though it could be pretty interesting this summer.

Sources Say:

Even though the CDCGML Entry Draft is completed, the Detroit Red Wings are still making their 8th Overall Pick, Elias Lindholm, available via trade. With two glaring holes in the top 6, the Red Wings are in search of young top 6 forwards, and will be willing to part with some of their prospects to do so.

RFA extension: The Minnesota Wild have re-signed pending RFA goaltender Jake Allen to a three year deal.

Jake Allen: 3 years, $ 4.5 million dollar contract ( $ 1,500,000.00 per season ).

Minnesota is thrilled to get Jake under contract at what we feel is a reasonable cap hit for the next 3 years. Jake is full of promise and we fully expect him to both benefit from a mentoring relationship with Martin Brodeur and also to challenge Marty for the starting job at the same time. This fills a massive hole in our organization.

Thanks to Mike as always.

Please place Jake on our active roster as our backup goalie at this time.

Archived