The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

all quiet on the western front?

The next two to three weeks will be quiet as we approach the training camps, I think. It's usually like this in late summer.

Even in the NHL, as it is here, teams have spent most of their money and are pencilling in rookies and younger players for roster spots for the most part. It's the same reason why there aren't many signings happening anywhere other than overseas.

There are many nervous depth players sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring hoping to get a contract offer. Many more established players will be taking PTOs to try and force their way onto a squad. This Cap drop is really strange business. It creates stasis to a certain degree.

It's pretty normal to just wait and see how the chips fall IMHO.

/ Have you ever read that book? I've always meant to but I heard that it's not the same unless you read it in German, which I can't. Yet.

The next two to three weeks will be quiet as we approach the training camps, I think. It's usually like this in late summer.

Even in the NHL, as it is here, teams have spent most of their money and are pencilling in rookies and younger players for roster spots for the most part. It's the same reason why there aren't many signings happening anywhere other than overseas.

There are many nervous depth players sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring hoping to get a contract offer. Many more established players will be taking PTOs to try and force their way onto a squad. This Cap drop is really strange business. It creates stasis to a certain degree.

It's pretty normal to just wait and see how the chips fall IMHO.

/ Have you ever read that book? I've always meant to but I heard that it's not the same unless you read it in German, which I can't. Yet.

only watched the movies

Signing:

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Kent Simpson to a three year 2.775 mil contract (925k per season).

Go%20Green%20Get%20Green%20Logo_rgb.jpg

Signing:

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Jayson Menga to a 2 year 1.9mil contract (950k per season)

nice signings ....simpson could be a guy for the future

was hard to find the other guy cuz his name is MEGNA ;)

Signing:

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Kent Simpson to a three year 2.775 mil contract (925k per season).

Signing:

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Jayson Menga to a 2 year 1.9mil contract (950k per season)

Chicago is very happy to welcome Kent and Jason to our team . Kent is a very promising young goaltender who with some dedication and hard work has a very good chance of playing in the big league as of now he is the goalie for our minor league team. We are very happy to pick up Jason he will be given a chance to play in the senior team . Can Dainius be placed in our minor league team so that Jason can be added to our senior roster please Curt.

first bad news for the blues

prout likely to miss the whole pre-season and may the start of the regular <_<

http://www2.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=01zuo&leagueId=n80vtiuphg8a5p1r

(8/15/13) Dalton Prout underwent surgery to repair a torn abdomen muscle and will likely miss the entire preseason. Prout is expected to be sidelined for six weeks, which makes him questionable for the start of the regular season. Prout had a solid rookie year, recording seven points in 28 NHL games. The sophomore defenseman should still get a shot to crack the roster at some point this season, although he may spend some time in the AHL to get his conditioning up to game level.

definately hitting the dog days, but the good news is the rangers are looking for a 4th line right winger. (*It is great that my missing piece is a fourth liner, but none the less, if you have a great 4th line player that your moving or thinking of moving, I have an interest. message me.

The Lightning have built up tremendous winger depth and may be open to moving a quality winger for a center or a top-4 D.

GM y0shi is also considering flipping top end prospects for top end prospects to address positional needs.

TRADE WARS! c2x vs Nail

On The Table:

To NYI: Alexander Edler, Alex Friesen

To VAN: Griffin Reinhart, Matt Donovan, Kyle Burroughs

Emphatically rejecting this offer. I already felt that in moving a very strong prospect in Gaunce and an All Star, Olympic caliber defenceman in Edler for players with a combined 3 games of NHL experience (and a -3 rating), all of which belong to Donovan, that I was on the losing end of this deal in a sense. I felt that by adding Strome I could justify it as well as address a few key areas of need for the Canucks in an NHL ready #3 center with high end scoring upside as well as freeing up some cap and bringing in quality defensive prospects. Without Strome however, this would be a huge loss for the Canucks. Reinhart would be a great addition, but there's no reason a player of Edler's caliber, experience and long term contract at a reasonable price shouldn't fetch a lot more than that.

Tucking in the little guy, so I will defer to you to present the next few offers.

Washington Capitals

Kane - Datsyuk - Elias

Turris - Gagner - Boyes

Bourque - Cogliano - Silfverberg

Tootoo - Klinkhammer - Kassian

Porter - Panik

Enstrom - Yandle

Quincey - Gonchar

Erixon - Fayne

Despres

Dubnyk

Greiss