Niklas Kronwall - John Carlson

Nick Leddy - Matt Irwin

Torey Krug - Erik Gustafsson

Deryk Engelland

Braden Holtby

Michal Neuvirth

MSG NEWS

Prospect Edition:

There seems to be some confusion over the status of Maxim Shalunov, after reports spread that he refused to report to the affiliate Connecticut Whale after being cut from Rangers Training Camp. The Front office refuses to confirm or deny at this time, but will update the media regarding Shalunov's status at a later date, once the confusion is cleared up. Primal would only say that he has a lot of faith in Maxim's skillset on the ice, and with some maturity and a taste of the North American game, he could one day skate in the CDCGML and put up a lot of points, but that comes after paying dues on the farm team, so there is no skipping that step for young players.

The Montreal Canadiens are very pleased with their start to the season, but we'd be lying if we weren't concerned about the high hit that RIck Nash took last night from Brad Stuart. His health is of the utmost importance to us so we will be very careful with how we handle this head injury to our star winger, but we are hopeful that a few days away from the rink will be all he needs.

Any pending moves required due to Nash's absence will be made once more information is made available to us.

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on Minnesota. I'm looking at a few potential GMs, and currently involved GMs can also apply to switch to Minnesota if they'd like by sending me a PM.

As for teams offering trades to give the Wild some cap relief, it's true I am still running the team on an interim basis. However, as I don't plan to still be the GM of the Wild by the weekend, I'm likely not going to make any massive, franchise altering deals. Will definitely look at some options that would free up cap space as long as they make sense from a hockey perspective as well. I plan on going through the trade offer PMs shortly and hope to get back to you guys on those soon.

Also, I've noticed a few mistakes I've made when putting through transactions on pickup. They were minor ones and they have been corrected, but if everyone could make sure that pickup accurately reflects their lineup tomorrow, that would be good. All the moves made in the thread have been updated so it should be accurate tomorrow or Friday.

No roster spot to place him, this move has not been processed.

Assignment: The Washington Capitals assign Jacob Josefson to the AHL affiliate in Dover.

IR Activation: The Washington Capitals activate Jordin Tootoo and place him on the NHL roster.

Washington Capitals Current Lineup:

E. Kane - P. Datsyuk - P. Elias

J. Silfverberg - K. Turris - B. Boyes

R. Bourque - A. Cogliano - R. Panik

J. Tootoo - R. Klinkhhammer - J. Fontaine

Z. Kassian(suspended)

K. Yandle - T. Enstrom

S. Gonchar - K. Quincey

R. Ellis - M. Fayne

T. Erixon, N. Holden

D. Dubnyk

T. Greiss