The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Blues 3 Stars of the Month

1 Star

Michael Raffl

Michael had a fantastic December with 2 Goals and 8 Assists.

Well he needed 2 Month to Warm up ...he just had 9 Poolpoints in October/November.

With 10 Scorer Points Michael was the best Scorer in the Blues Lineup in December.

56 Poolpoints wasnt the Best Overrall in December but Michael is a Rookie and we

really liked what we saw from him in this Period.

Sadly he is injured yet but we hope its not to serious because Michael has turned into

a really Important Player for our Team. Wish you a fast recovery.

2nd Star

Sean Bergenheim

Our 2nd Star for December is Sean Bergenheim.

He came back from a bad injury whicj kept him from the Ice for more than a Year.

Like Michael Raffl , Seasn had a cool Start and produced nearly nothing in the 1st Weeks of

the Season.

In December he exploded with 6 Goals and 1 Assist.

He shares the 3rd Spot in Scoring with Morrow and Ehrhoff with a total of 7 Points in December.

53 Poolpoints were enough for the 4th Spot Overrall in this Period.

3rd Star

Steve Mason

Steve finished 1st in Poolpoints again and he was able top his 82 Points from

November and added 84 in December. 7 Wins and 2 OTL showed again that

it was the right choice to Trade for him last Season.

In general those Numbers where worth the 1st Star Spot again but we and the Team thought

Michael and Sean have deserved it more in December.

Mentionable

Christian Ehrhoff with 7 Assists and 54 Poolpoints (3rd Overrall inDecember)

Eric Gelinas 2 G 3 A 48 Points

Karri Ramo 3 Wins and 2 OTL , 46 Points

Brenden Morrow 2 G 5 A 39Points

Martin Erat 8 Assists 37 Points

Joey Vitale 6 A 35 Points

Marcel Goc 1 G 4 A 32 Points

Nick Spaling 3 G 3 A 30 Points

this are all not great numbers but solid ones ..hope my guys can keep this (if healthy) or improve again...

well some ugly guys there on the interview ..but its al lfor my Guy :lol:

http://bostonherald....r_in_bruins_net

Johnny Boychuk handed a puck to Niklas Svedberg, along with a piece of veteran advice.

“You might want to keep that one,” said Boychuk, after 24-year-old Svedberg stopped 33 shots in his NHL debut and led the Bruins to a much-needed victory, 3-2 in overtime against the Nashville Predators last night at the Garden.

The admirable depth of the Bruins defense corps has been on display in recent weeks; last night Boston fans got a first look at a guy who could have a bright future in the puck-stopping department.

“That’s why I (came) over here: To play in this league,” said the elated Swede. “It’s been the dream, the goal all my life.

“Ever since you start playing, this is where you want to be. I’m really happy with this win. It’s just one game, but it’s real fun to get this win. You’ve got to to keep working hard to get more games.”

Svedberg’s dad tried to find flights to Boston in time for the game, but found seats only as far as Iceland. So the family watched the game on TV in the wee hours back home.

Their son handled his debut without being too nervous.

“It was all right,” Svedberg said. “(I was) pretty calm. There were some rebounds in the first period, stuff like that. But I got going pretty good with some shots from outside early on. It was pretty good. I felt pretty comfortable.

“I felt good. I tried to stay calm and play my angles. It was good. This is the NHL. It’s a little bit faster (than the AHL), with better shooters. It’s only one game, so it’s tough for me to compare. Obviously, it’s a step up.”

A life lesson of use to players in all sports — and to the rest of us, as well — is to concentrate on things you can control, and not worry about those things out of your control.

Svedberg received a reminder of that last weekend, when he was called up from Providence and slated to make his NHL debut on the road against the Ottawa Senators Saturday night. No doubt the youngster was super-psyched leading up to the game. But then fate intervened and Svedberg found himself not in an NHL game, but traveling back to the AHL.

The B’s learned early Saturday that Zdeno Chara would not play against the Sens. That necessitated a quick summons to Providence for rookie defenseman Zach Trotman (who made his NHL debut), and meant the team needed a roster spot for him. Scratch Svedberg, Tuukka Rask plays, B’s lose.

“Here we had no roster spots,” said coach Claude Julien of his late scramble. “So we had to take Sveddy off and tell Tuukka, ‘You’re in,’ and tell (Chad Johnson) he’s backing up. It was one of those days where things like that happen and everybody has to adjust.”

And if Svedberg was inclined to mope about his missed opportunity, last night’s chance came along quickly enough.

In his first NHL period Svedberg was good — and a bit lucky. He turned aside all eight Nashville shots. But defenseman Matt Bartkowski saved his goalie once on a shot from the right circle by Matt Hendricks, tipping the shot wide with the cage wide open.

“Bart saved me there,” said Svedberg.

And a shot from the right by Preds center Craig Smith clanged off the crossbar and into the netting.

Svedberg felt he should have stopped the rebound goal by Shea Weber that tied the game 2-2 with 5:25 left in regulation.

“I should have squeezed that one,” he said. “Normally that’s a puck I want to have.”

But he got enough pucks to help the B’s snap their two-game losing streak. The general impression of Svedberg: He’s a sound and confident-looking goalie.

“He’s a good competitor,” Julien said. “I think he’s improved over the course of the year with his experience. Earlier on, when I first saw him, when he first came, he had to make some adjustments to his game because of how they played in Europe vs. here.

“The adjustment was like, in Europe, they really make those plays down low, they like to make passes; here, guys will shoot a lot off the wings and then they’ll go for rebounds. So I think that adjustment . . . he used to play a little deeper in his net, and now he plays out a little bit more. So he’s made that adjustment.

“From there on in, I think he just kept getting better and better. You could see his skill level was pretty good. He’s had some bumps along the way here this year, but as of late what I’ve been told is he’s been playing pretty well.”

Svedberg, who was returned to Providence after the game, doesn’t know what the future will hold.

“I haven’t even thought about it,” he said. “All my focus was on this game. Obviously I want to play more, but we’ll see what happens.”

Archived