The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Okay guys, getting home from work and a busy night ahead, including finally getting caught up (seriously this time) with trades and trade deadline day.

I'm thinking, in the interest of time, I will do the same as I did a few years ago when things got hectic. I will post the roster moves and trades, and update the charts accordingly afterwards. I will ONLY do this if you guys indicate you want me to go this route. If we go this route, teams have to keep a close eye on their salary cap situation.

I will be looking to make some deals as well, especially now with Scheifele out potentially for 8 weeks, Richardson hurt and Kesler likely missing the playoffs in Vancouver. Looking to bolster my lineup for the playoffs. Offers of picks and prospects for my playoff players will be rejected promptly, I am NOT selling.

Thoughts on the Luongo trade: 1 year too late, at least. I would have been fine with that deal last year, you know, when we had 2 starters. Now we have none. We had two starters, and from that Gillis got a backup goalie, a 3rd line center with marginal upside and a 1st round pick. Bo Horvat or not, that's not a great return for dealing two strong starting goaltenders. Glad that Luongo got to go where he wanted, and I hope he does well. He was by far the best goaltender we've ever seen in Vancouver. The Canucks organization handled everything absolutely horribly and they look pretty bad right now. Serves them right, to be honest.

Okay guys, getting home from work and a busy night ahead, including finally getting caught up (seriously this time) with trades and trade deadline day.

I'm thinking, in the interest of time, I will do the same as I did a few years ago when things got hectic. I will post the roster moves and trades, and update the charts accordingly afterwards. I will ONLY do this if you guys indicate you want me to go this route. If we go this route, teams have to keep a close eye on their salary cap situation.

I will be looking to make some deals as well, especially now with Scheifele out potentially for 8 weeks, Richardson hurt and Kesler likely missing the playoffs in Vancouver. Looking to bolster my lineup for the playoffs. Offers of picks and prospects for my playoff players will be rejected promptly, I am NOT selling.

Thoughts on the Luongo trade: 1 year too late, at least. I would have been fine with that deal last year, you know, when we had 2 starters. Now we have none. We had two starters, and from that Gillis got a backup goalie, a 3rd line center with marginal upside and a 1st round pick. Bo Horvat or not, that's not a great return for dealing two strong starting goaltenders. Glad that Luongo got to go where he wanted, and I hope he does well. He was by far the best goaltender we've ever seen in Vancouver. The Canucks organization handled everything absolutely horribly and they look pretty bad right now. Serves them right, to be honest.

IMO, that worked really well that year, as I'm sure everyone is aware of their cap/roster situation.

Florida is done for the deadline. Thanks to all the teams for all the time and best of luck to everyone the rest of the day.

Edit... was just thinking, when was the last time two team captains were traded for eachother??? pretty crazy what happened with Callahan and Marty.

Archived