The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

We are very pleased to lock up a pair of our depth forwards in James Sheppard and Andrew Desjardins. I make it no secret that my all time favourite UFA signing is Andrew Desjardins and I am thrilled that he is locked up for two more years. James had a slow start during his time in Tampa, but has since shown he is one of the most underrated "skilled" bottom-6 forwards.

We would also like to congratulate Carey Price for the sweep! While he didn't have to be spectacular, his solid goaltending ensured that Tampa had no chance.

^ 5 Things on the 'half way point' of round one:

- Three series out west are sitting at less than 20 points difference! whoa, anybody's game in the wild wild west.

- the last wildcard slot in each conference, Edmonton and Carolina, are each proving to be very good playoff teams, both in the top half of the playoff points race.

-powerhouses Florida, Ottawa and Los Angeles have carried over their regular season success and ought to hit 200 points each soon, if not tonight.

- As NHL series end, not only are the losing teams eliminated, but the winning teams players go on hiatus until round 2. Expect some leader changes in our series due to the loss of high end talent, albeit just until the next round.

- I love an Underdog: at least two 'underdog' teams are currently in control of their matchups..with 2 more extrremely close in the points...that makes half our matchups 'next goal wins'..which is very cool to watch. I am a ThatMike fan in the Pho/SJS series, and so far, while it is close, the Sharks are out in front!!! (Sorry Squeak, I dig the Sharks, haha)

So I suppose if you have a team full of Habs, you were wanting it to go to 7 games rather than a sweep...funny how you could have the best players on the best teams but still get knocked out of our playoffs by a team filled with lesser players playing the three extra games. Great intrigue!

So I suppose if you have a team full of Habs, you were wanting it to go to 7 games rather than a sweep...funny how you could have the best players on the best teams but still get knocked out of our playoffs by a team filled with lesser players playing the three extra games. Great intrigue!

It is pretty cool, even thought it 'could' cost me the series...I have 4 habs now resting and healing up for a round two I may not get into. haha....da.moose, if your reading this: Kari Lehtonen's shutout has me really thinking this is not over!

They can be hella proud though. They really have been giving you a run for your money, and they're still not out of it.

Yeh much respect to the Canes.

Buuuuuuhhhhhh....LOL

Buuuuuuuhhhhh du hast.

Picked up the Hockey News future watch today, and their top 50 prospects include the following players from my team:

3. Teuvo Teravainen

12. Bo Horvat

15. Scott Laughton

38. Jamie Oleksiak

I can't find the link, but I am sure it will be available sometime soon.

Picked up the Hockey News future watch today, and their top 50 prospects include the following players from my team:

3. Teuvo Teravainen

12. Bo Horvat

15. Scott Laughton

38. Jamie Oleksiak

I can't find the link, but I am sure it will be available sometime soon.

Just curious, where is Nichushkin compared to Horvat?

Not on there as he has graduated to the NHL after a full season.

Your going to get a lot of questions, but my main wonder is how is Gabryel Boudreau looking? I wonder if he cracked the top 50?

Baie-Comeau is trailing after 2 periods but leads the series they are in..and if they win the series they move on to the QMJHL finals...Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau is one of their leading offensive guys...or was at one point.

Picked up the Hockey News future watch today, and their top 50 prospects include the following players from my team:3. Teuvo Teravainen12. Bo Horvat15. Scott Laughton38. Jamie OleksiakI can't find the link, but I am sure it will be available sometime soon.

I'm just going to assume the Isles did extremely well on that list.

Might as well just type it out:

1. Drouin [bUF]

2. J Gibson [NYI]

3. Teravainen [PHX]

4. Forsberg [PIT]

5. Strome [TB]

6. Kuznetzov [NYI]

7. Ristalainen [NYI]

8. Zadorov [NYI]

9. Wennberg [MIN]

10. Mantha [VAN]

11. G. Reinhart [DAL]