Sceviour, Backlund, Bourque

Bernier

Souray, Salo

Emelin, Muzzin

Murphy, Klein

Smith

Johnson

18 players worth 60.525m

*C2X my "cap remaining" says 3.775..but it ought to be around 10 or 11m? also Andrej Meszaros contract has expired and should be UFA...so my cap ought to be 58.525 with around 12 or 13m remaining and 18 players under contract on the big club

Though I've stepped down from my role as agent for the foreseeable future due to personal time constraints, I will still be offering up my services in a new role as "CDCGML Insider" opposite of Brunners. And with the Draft and Free Agency coming up very, very soon, my services will be needed more than ever.

If you would like to have a rumour started about anything in the league, send me a PM. All "rumour mongers" will remain anonymous, and you can suggest anything from what your team is looking for in the free agent market, whether or not you're dangling draft picks, who you're hoping to keep or let go for free agency, who's on the block, etc...

It's time to fire up the rumour mill.

Bob McArby! o:

SIGNINGS: The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with 4 of their 2012 draft selections.

Zach Stepan - 3 years, $2.1 million dollar contract ($700,000 per season)
Joonas Korpisalo - 3 years, $2.025 million dollar contract ($675,000 per season)
Nick Ebert - 3 years, $2.1 million dollar contract ($700,000 per season)
Mikko Vainonen - 3 years, $2.7 million dollar contract ($900,000 per season)

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To NYR:

Antoine Vermette

Nikolai Kulemin

Chad Johnson

To TOR:

Joe Thornton

Eddie Lack

Future Considerations

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me say that as we moved through the process with Joe it became apparent that we could not fit his next contract into our plans while maintaining our team as a viable playoff contender. Once the lines of communication were open it didn't take too much number crunching to realize that the Joe Thornton era in New York was coming to an end. Joe is a superb hockey player, and an outstanding man that we are proud to have had in our club for the time we could. We wish him continued success in the league and in life wherever he goes.

Of course where there is a need to act, there is also an opportunity, and we seized this opportunity to get younger, more financially efficient and add some desperately needed goal scoring up front. Antoine Vermette figures to be a pivotal pivot for us this coming season. In addition to the change up front we managed to secure Chad Johnson as our backup netminder yet again. Everyone has some regrets, and losing Chad last July as a piece of a major deal was certainly a regret from day one. We knew we had someone special when we signed Chad to play on the farm team and in his few callups that year he was stellar! This past season he improved, if that was possible, to 17-4-3. An outstanding and patient netminder, Chad Johnson has certainly earned his shot at a full time backup position as outgoing Eddie Lack will undoubtably be a starter in the league for years to come...league rules there were going to force a change sooner or later, and being pro-active in this case has yielded great results. Many thanks to Eddie Lack and all the best going forward.

That leaves Nikolai Kulemin, a 27 year old forward with some upside as our 'talent on spec' piece of this deal. Nikolai has had a 57 point NHL season, is young, will be in a new environment this coming season and will be just what we needed on the 3rd line due to his particular style of two way hockey. We have gained his rights in this deal, and we hope to ink him in the coming weeks.

Welcome to Madison Square Garden, Nikolai, Antoine and Chad, we look forward to welcoming you to the fold!

SIGNINGS: The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with 4 of their 2012 draft selections.

Zach Stepan - 3 years, $2.1 million dollar contract ($700,000 per season)

Joonas Korpisalo - 3 years, $2.025 million dollar contract ($675,000 per season)

Nick Ebert - 3 years, $2.1 million dollar contract ($700,000 per season)

Mikko Vainonen - 3 years, $2.7 million dollar contract ($900,000 per season)

Also of note is that earlier this week all four of our 2012 draftee prospects were inked to their respective ELC's. bringing in a forward, two defensemen and a netminder to the affiliate Connecticut Whale will ensure our talent pool is well stocked. Thank you Zach, Joonas, Nick and Mikko, welcome aboard.

The Ottawa Senators have just finalized their 2nd off season trade, while others are on their way. Expect the Senators to be busy all the way into free agency. They are currently shopping 3rd and 4th liners, along with free agent rights to acquire more picks.

ARBY-BUZZ

Your Inside Source to all things CDCGML

• The Pittsburgh Penguins appear to be in the market for a young top-4 defender and a young up-and-coming goaltender, and my sources suggest that a few big pieces like TJ Oshie, Filip Forsberg, Paul Martin, Johnny Oduya and their 2014 1st round pick could be dangled as bait to make it happen.
  • Speaking of the Penguins, buzz around the league suggests that the team and RFA defender Mark Barberio are at a contract stalemate. It will be interesting to see what happens there, as the time for offer sheets is nearly upon us.
  • The free agent crop of centres appears to be one of the strongest we've seen in years, as whispers around the league have suggested that top pivots Evgeni Malkin, Joe Thornton and Pavel Datsyuk may all be testing the waters of free agency.
  • It's believed that the Philadelphia Flyers have been in intense talks with a Western Conference team, though it is hard to speculate what pieces are in play from either side.
  • With the draft only a few days away, there has been some strong indication that the top-3 picks in the CDCGML may not adhere to the consensus picks in most draft rankings. Could Leon Draisaitl move up? Could Sam Bennett and his zero pull-ups tumble? Lots of intrigue here.
  • Further to the discussion that the Ottawa Senators have made their second offseason trade, it is believed that the move was a pending-UFA who was given permission to speak to another Canadian team in regards to his rights and that a "trade-and-sign" is imminent.
  • Word around the league offices is that some changes will be made to the CBA in time for the 2014-15 season. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it sounds like some adjustments will be made to the waiver-system, front-office spending rules and a potentially major change to how contract extensions mid-season work. Stay tuned for that!

I've got some signings to get to that have been agreed upon for a while. SOrry for the lateness guys!

Signing: The Boston Bruins have signed 2012 draft pick Malcolm Subban to a 3 year ELC

Malcolm Subban - 3 years, $2.7 + $750k signing bonus ($1.15 per season)

Archived