The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

Bryzgalov better not come back to the NHL!!!!!

bryzgalov-why-you-heff-to-be-mad.jpg

All I found was some reference to Leighton signing in the KHL and Bryz being offered a spot with CSKA, and if memory serves me right, isnt't CSKA the former Moscow Red Army team?

Michael Leighton has a contract in the KHL and Ilya Bryzgalov does not

Ilya Bryzgalov, who played for the Russian national team in the World Championships a few months back, remains without a job -- either in the NHL or in the KHL.

Michael Leighton, the journeyman former Flyers goalie who played just one game in relief of Bryzgalov last season -- and was subsequently lit up for five goals in that game --does have a job in the KHL. He signed a one-year deal with HC Donbass recently and will play for the KHL team this fall. Ruslan Fedotenko and Oskars Bartulis both play there.

The Flyers traded Leighton to Columbus at the trade deadline for Steve Mason, which shows you where his value stands in the hockey world these days. There's no doubt in anybody's mind that Bryzgalov is a better goaltender than Leighton, and would surely be one of the best goalies in the KHL if he played there this coming season. So it's strange, and depending on your particular feelings towards Bryz, really sad or hilariously awkward.

Maybe it's a money issue and Bryz is waiting for the right deal or something, and would rather not play than take the wrong deal. Hard not to make the joke, though: Michael Leighton has a job in hockey, and Ilya Bryzgalov does not. Unless sitting around doing nothing for millions of the Flyers' dollars is considered a job.

Someone was on Cleary watch a few pages ago?

Interview yesterday with Cleary from Hockey Buzz.

Dan Cleary told me about his situation, "I'm talking to 2 teams right now, and will call Red Wings later today as well."

Being reported now this morning on TSN as well: Cleary to Philly after day one of the season, deal is done but won't be filled until another player is on IR.

May the cats will go with both....markstrom sucks, clemmensen is injured....and Theo will retire cuz no One wants him. LOL

Clemmenson will likely be back for start of the season.

If teams gave up on goalies early.... Then someone like Schneider would've never been as good as they are.

May the cats will go with both....markstrom sucks, clemmensen is injured....and Theo will retire cuz no One wants him. LOL

Markstrom certainly doesn't "suck", he's only 23 and its very very rare a goalie is a starter at that age.

Did you read my Post above yours....;)

Sure markstrom is still young and may still Not ready. We' ll See if has grewn up again. He played on a bad Panthers Team Last season though....

Oh, no I did not i just hit reply, sorry :P

I don't think the Panthers will be much better this year, so it would be good to have a vet behind him to help keep his emotions in check, I don't know if Thomas or Bryz are the kind of guy who can play the support role :lol:

The Blues sends Joey Crabb to Greenville for now ....some more moves are upcoming...so this is necessary

Blues Lineup

Morrow - Weiss - Hodgson

Erat - Legwand - Horcoff

Spaling - Goc - Bergenheim

Galiardi - Vitale - O´Brien

???? - Sgarbossa

Gorges - Ehrhoff

Erskine - Schultz

Gryba - Tallinder

Sulzer

Mason

MacDonald

Greenville Road Warriors

Bournival - Powe - Crabb

Halmo - Sundher - Archibald

Selleck - Macenauer - Raffl

Culek - Jooris - Abbott

Lucia

Prout - Gelinas

Jarvinen - Borowiecki

Konan - Fournier

Abeltshauser - Laleggia

Svedberg

Perhonen

Yeah...both are kinda special individuals.....specially outside of the rink...LOL

may the Panthers should better Re-sign Theo as Mentor.

:lol:

Yeah, I think even a guy like Hedberg would've been a better fit.. Clemmensen isn't bad either though.

Archived