The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

13 Points last night were enough to stay in the top 10 for this week with 184 points.

further the blues are 14th with 512 points in december with so far.

tonight we have 20 active guys ...well possibly scratches and injuries are not excluded yet.

with a solid night we will reach the magical 200 points mark this week.

one deal has been made that gives us some more depth on the forward section..hope it will be confirmed soon.

If i win his rights by claim i will trade him to you for a large double double double (*that is a timms with two cream, two sugar and two ounces of baileys)

Sounds fair :lol:

I read the spreadsheet saying Poulin was waivers eligible as meaning he had to go through waivers to be assigned. Should have checked first I guess -_-

...meanwhile in Madison Square Garden....

GM Primal Optimist is pacing the halls and has been since 5:30 am. His team of non skaters, the thinking men of New York have yet to solve the Devils, their cross-town rivals who currently sit at the top of the Metro Division. Last night's game was terribly lopsided with the Devils moving 14 points higher than Primal's Rangers than they were the day before.

"We are close, very close, to the elite team we think we can be, but the wheels haven't all clicked together yet like they did in the first month of the season. Injuries are one thing, being down two of the top four Dmen and a top Six forward will hurt anyone, but that isn't the lynch pin of our worries. There must be something deeper, and we think we have isolated it. The problem is, are we correct in our assumptions, and will the fix work." ~ a very candid General Manager told our cameras this morning.

Revised Philadelphia Flyers lines:

Mikkel Boedker - Mikko Koivu © - Cam Atkinson

Mikhail Grabovski - David Desharnais - Ales Hemsky

Brian Gibbons - Max Lapierre - Brad Boyes

Jerred Smithson - Jeff Hapern - Shawn Thornton

Scratch: Vaclav Prospal

Braydon Coburn - Travis Hamonic

Andrew Ference - Jordie Benn

Adam Pardy - Carlo Colaiacovo

Scratch: Denis Grebeshkov

Ondrej Pavelec

Anders Lindback

Sounds fair :lol:

I read the spreadsheet saying Poulin was waivers eligible as meaning he had to go through waivers to be assigned. Should have checked first I guess -_-

Oh, there is the problem, I just confirmed on your spreadsheet that it does say "YES" and that is, i believe, incorrect. He is 23 and has only played 37 NHL season games...so it should say "NO".

Loophole for the win!

Recall: Vancouver recalls Marc-Andre Cliche, Luke Glendening, and Brian Lashoff

Jamie Benn - Matt Duchene - Daniel Alfredsson

Gustav Nyquist - Tomas Tatar - Eric Fehr

Justin Abdelkader - Jay McClement - Daniel Winnik

Luke Glendening - Marc-Andre Cliche - Colin McDonald

Peter Regin

Zdeno Chara - Alex Pietrangelo

Slava Voynov - Brenden Dillon

Ben Lovejoy - Brian Lashoff

Jonas Hiller

Antti Raanta

Waiver Claim:

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to claim Tim Gleason from waiver wire from the Minnesota Wild.

I enjoy taking players from my division rivals. ::D

Sorry Philly, that is one of the only advantages of being in last place!

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

MSG NEWS:

Future Consideration Watch:

It seems that Colorado may be in line to receive NYR 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft after all. Future Considerations on a Chad Johnson trade deal from back in February would see the draft pick trade hands if Johnson plays in 30 games between the 2013 and 2013-14 seasons combined. With 4 appearances in 2013 and 9 already in 13-14, just 17 more games would be the ticket to see this FC be applied. Chad is on pace for 12 more starts, which means just five added appearances would seal the deal. Can't win em all, no matter how hard I try to, lol.

The FC that would see Nashville receive a pick from NYR next draft if Brett Carson played in 50 NHL games in this season has officially expired. With no combination of games available for Brett to meet that threshold, the liability is off New Yorks books for good, sorry Nashville but Brett Carson is happily logging time with AIK in the Swedish Hockey League, formerly the Swedish Elite League and won't be in North America this season.

Lastly things are looking good for NYR to receive Vancouver's 3rd round pick in 2014's draft. Nick Palmieri needs to play at least one NHL game this season to nullify the FC trade of the pick and Nick is currently under contract with EHC Munchen of the DEL.

That sums up the New York Rangers Future Consideration Watch.

Waiver Claim:

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to claim Tim Gleason from waiver wire from the Minnesota Wild.

I enjoy taking players from my division rivals. ::D

Sorry Philly, that is one of the only advantages of being in last place!

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

No harm in posting it in thread but to make it officially stick as a waiver claim you need to PM C2X to make the claim. Just FYI.

Release: We would like to release F Milan Hejduk as he has decided to retire.

Former Colorado Avalanche star forward Milan Hejduk told a newspaper in his native Czech Republic that he has decided to retire.

"I decided to quit hockey," he told Blesk, a Czech daily newspaper. "I just have to announce it officially. In frame of one month there will be a press conference. And that's it, I'm done. … I wanted to quit after the end of last season. But my agent told me not to be crazy, that maybe some interesting offer would show up. But I realized I did not want to move somewhere else."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691338

(Not sure if this will work, as I guess he hasn't "officially" retired.

Oh, there is the problem, I just confirmed on your spreadsheet that it does say "YES" and that is, i believe, incorrect. He is 23 and has only played 37 NHL season games...so it should say "NO".

Loophole for the win!

:picard:

I have no idea how I screwed that up.... :lol: Ah well, 800+ players, bound to slip up once or twice. Will adjust that and assign Poulin to your minors system, he will not be on waivers as it was my mistake and subsequent explanation in PM that led to him being placed there.

:picard:

I have no idea how I screwed that up.... :lol: Ah well, 800+ players, bound to slip up once or twice. Will adjust that and assign Poulin to your minors system, he will not be on waivers as it was my mistake and subsequent explanation in PM that led to him being placed there.

Thanks Curt. And also Primal, for spotting the loophole (which I'd never have spotted without him). That's sporting behaviour right there ::D

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To WSH:

Jan Hejda

To MTL:

Dylan Blujus

WSH 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection

TRADE: The Philadelphia Flyers have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To WSH:

John Mitchell

JT Compher

To PHI:

Brad Boyes

Adam Pardy

Alan Quine

Washington Capitals Press Conference

The Washington Capitals have made two trades midseason that shakeup the look of their currently 5th ranked roster in the month of December. We are now here live with General Manager da.moose to ask him any and all questions regarding the Washington Capitals.

On the Acquisition of Hejda: We are confident that Hejda can and will be a big player for us that can log lots of minutes. He is a guy we have had our eyes on for some time and have been trying to acquire. When the opportunity arose we were very excited to get this done. I expect Hejda to be an upgrade to our d-core and will contribute right away.

On the Departure of Boyes: Brad has been great for us and I still believe he is one of the more underrated offensive players in the entire NHL. However, he deserves bigger minutes and thrives in an offensive role. At this time we just feel that John Mitchell is the type of player that will fit into our bottom six more naturally and Brad can be a key guy in Philly. It is tough to lose him cause he is such a great person and an ideal professional who did everything we hoped for and more when we signed him last summer.

On John Mitchell: Mitchell is another guy I have had my eyes on for a long stretch right now and when Azzy told me he had interest in Boyes I told him that both Mitchell and Compher were guys I wanted in the deal. Mitchell is an ideal bottom 6 centre that has been playing lots of important minutes this season. Right now Klinkhammer has been so good and has solidified himself in the lineup with his hard work. We have wanted to reward him with an opportunity in the top 9 but we haven’t had a guy that we felt comfortable slotting into the 4th line centre spot. Now with Mitchell here we can finally give Klinkhammer that opportunity.

On J.T Compher: Compher was a guy that we were heavily scouting going into the draft this past offseason. Early last season when we were higher in the standings we took a long hard look at him as a possibility with our first round pick. Our scouts had him rated right around the 25-30 range and I have been impressed with his development so far this season. He is a very strong hard working kid, with a high motor, and lots of offensive skills. He’s an american forward in the mold of a Ryan Callahan and if he can come anywhere close to reaching his potential we will be thrilled.

On Goals this Season: Our goal is and always has been to win the Stanley Cup. After these most recent moves I think we have one of the strongest teams in the entire league. We have what we see as one of the deepest teams in the league and we have a fantastic leadership core. I feel very confident with the continued growth of this roster since I took over.

Washington Capitals Current Lineup:

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk(A) - Patrik Elias©

Chris Kreider - Kyle Turris - Sam Gagner

Rob Klinkhammer - Andrew Cogliano - Jakob Silfverberg

Richard Panik - John Mitchell - Zack Kassian

Simon Despres - Keith Yandle(A)

Tobias Enstrom - Sergei Gonchar

Ryan Ellis - Jan Hejda

Devan Dubnyk

Thomas Greiss

Scratches: Mark Fayne, Justin Fontaine, Kyle Quincey

Archived