The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Having six injured players is crippling to my points total...luckily Lappy chipped in with mega PIMS, else last night was a dud.

I call no playoffs for the Nucks now. We can't win 2 on the spin, never mind 10.

The writing is on the wall now. With 11 games remaining and our percentages, there is a better chance of finishing with the 6th overall pick than with the last playoff spot. There are just too many teams with too many games in hand. Never say never though. It is still a possibility, albeit very very slight.

6th overall...indeed. I doubt all of Winnipeg, New Jersey, Ottawa, Nashville and Carolina leapfrog us in the standings but with the chance of landing the #1 pick at 1.5% currently - potentially as much as 6.2% if we land the 6th overall - we could end up getting a very, very good pick.

I would love to see us grab say, the 8th overall pick, then package something up to make another deal with Florida for the 2nd/3rd overall pick. Knowing how good they are as a trading partner, there is scope for us to do this I reckon. Ekblad would look immense on our blueline.

Perhaps 8th overall + Hunter Shinkaruk + Frank Corrado might do it?

6th overall...indeed. I doubt all of Winnipeg, New Jersey, Ottawa, Nashville and Carolina leapfrog us in the standings but with the chance of landing the #1 pick at 1.5% currently - potentially as much as 6.2% if we land the 6th overall - we could end up getting a very, very good pick.

I would love to see us grab say, the 8th overall pick, then package something up to make another deal with Florida for the 2nd/3rd overall pick. Knowing how good they are as a trading partner, there is scope for us to do this I reckon. Ekblad would look immense on our blueline.

Perhaps 8th overall + Hunter Shinkaruk + Frank Corrado might do it?

No thank you.

You don't give up on Shinkaruk to move up. Bennett, Reinhart and Dal Colle are good, but not good enough to justify that price.

I think Ekblad is going first to Buffalo or Edmonton.

I peg the canucks at 85 points to end the year now. Not sure how that will fair against other teams, but we only have 3 games in the next 8 or nine days...so it will all be clearer by the end of that third game, as other teams use up their games in hand on us. I think it is weird our team could finish 6th worst, or with the final playoff spot...its so up in the air for me right now, but the odds are not good at all.

I'd expect Buffalo to draft Sam Reinhart personally. This is one of the more interesting #1 choice of the last few years though; if Edmonton gets the pick, they'll pick Ekblad and ruin him like they've ruined Yakupov and Schultz.

I just don't see Reinhart going to Buffalo (FYI - I am a Sabres fan too)

They have Hodgson, Grigirenko and Girgensons as their young centres, and cap space.

Bennett is a possibility, as they are not as strong with winger depth.

I can see the Leafs winning the Cup more than us getting the second wildcard spot.

As for Reinhart, isn't he the scoring 1C that you guys need? With Zadorov, Pysyk and Ristolainen to come in on the blueline, and with Myers already there with Ehrhoff, McBain and Tallinder, is there really room for Ekblad there? If I'm the Sabres I'm taking the best forward I can, and I wasn't there stories that Grigorenko might be unhappy after the whole demotion debacle? Trade him, then have Reinhart-Hodgson-Girgensons down the middle.

That the list of free agents , i want the list of player agents that are handling specific players , ie: who is David Backes agent ?

Hover your mouse over the note on the player that have the little black triangle in the corner and the agents name will pop up. Same as the player info on your team chart.

In Backes' case, it's Mike Vanderhoek.

@ Curt

jiust sended in my qualifying offers

now one agent told me qualifying offers can be send in after the season

another agent just responded that he will return soon to talks

so what???

So then what's the question... If Curt previously answered your question.

Real life is at years end, and it always has been then. But if Curt said March 5th before, then why not just quote those to the agent who declined you?

may curt made a mistake ...if he aproves a 2nd time . then i l lsend the quote to that agent

its a problem if some agents does not know the rules though

but we had a lot of changes and may thats another one that some agents havent noticed

Squeak is right in that in real life, qualifying offers are not submitted until the end of the year. We've never really clarified any kind of time frame in our game for qualifying offers in our game, which is something that probably should be adjusted for next year.

The way I always have looked at it, a qualifying offer is any offer that meets the criteria under Section 4.2.1 of the CBA.

4.2.1 – Qualifying Offers

Teams looking to retain the rights of their pending Restricted Free Agents would need to submit a qualifying offer based on the following scale.

• $500,000 - $1.5 million = 110% of previous contract
  • over $1.5 million - $3 million = 105% of previous contract
  • over $3 million = 100% of previous contract

Qualifying offers are calculated using a players base salary, not including bonuses. The deadline for submitting qualifying offers is 5:00pm Pacific Time on June 25th of each season. This offer may or may not be accepted, but the player will go to Unrestricted Free Agency if the qualifying offer is not extended before the deadline.

Note that while there are no limits on the number of qualifying offers you can submit, any full negotiations or preliminary discussions still count towards the limits discussed in section 4.5 of the CBA. Agents should not respond with any sort of counter offer to a qualifying offer unless the team indicates it wishes to hold full negotiations or preliminary discussions with that player.

Archived