The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Torts collapsing defence doesn't work with the Canucks team.

On their game Vancouver has one of the best cycle and puck possession teams.

A collapsing D generates more rushes than it does zone time, and the Sedins have never been known to get work done on the rush.

There is also a glaring hole on the back end with a lack of a true puck mover. The twins are weak skaters and haven't improved their movement with age. You guys need an Ehrhoff back there.

Torts will have figured out by now that to win in the west you have to roll 4 lines, and you can't lean so heavily on your top players. Get the twins back down to their icetime in the Vigneault era and they'll stay healthy.

Some criticisms I have from the games I've watched are quite similar to the criticisms I have of the Leafs this year.

I look at a guy like Jason Garrison and wonder how he has an NHL job. He looks like Paul Ranger out there. Then you have Edler, who 2 years ago I would have called a future Norris winner. Now, not so much. Did he have a major injury or something?

Canucks seem to quit when they're down by a couple, which is insane because the 09-10 team was best when it was down a goal.

If I'm the new GM next year I'd be excited. Horvat is an intriguing piece and so is Nick Jensen.

I dount Shinkaruk will amount to much at the NHL level, and would consider moving him ASAP.

Bring in a Brian Elliot or Evgeni Nabokov next year and let Markstrom hone his game in Utica.

Most importantly, DRAFT A 1 DIMENSIONAL SCORING WINGER if no good centers are available. The Canucks are not the LA Kings and will not win a cup with 60 point guys. You need a goalscorer.

You say the canucks need to draft a 1 dimensional scoring winger, but then suggest to move Shinkaruk ASAP.

As OTTS said, injured all year, give him this next year in the AHL before judging.

Future Considerations: If Jimmy Hayes and Jack Skille do not combine to play in at least 66 NHL regular season games in the 2013-14 season New York Rangers will receive Minnesota's 2015 3rd round pick.

With a combined 64 games played..jack skille gets called up from the minors today, joining Jimmy Hayes in the big leagues:

And at long last this FC is complete: Minny keeps its pick. c'est la vie

Voting done and the only 'eye' i put on what player was on what team was to delete my own guys from a couple lists. I can guarantee that I have no idea who owns the rights to what players I voted for, but I can also guarantee I voted based on the stats on NHLcom in several various forms from standings to individual short handed faceoffs won...no stone was left unturned.

Looking through the Lady Byng candidates.. Ryan O'Reilly.. 2 pims.. considering the way he plays that is insane. Really earned that one :lol:

Oh, and for your Masterson votes, the man everyone wrote off in Manny Malhotra is a good choice!

Wow, looking at the masterson nominations IRL, 4 Panthers. Campbell, Karlsson, Malhotra and Handzus. Lots of perseverance on this club! Hope it continues in the playoffs.

Looking through the Lady Byng candidates.. Ryan O'Reilly.. 2 pims.. considering the way he plays that is insane. Really earned that one :lol:

Oh, and for your Masterson votes, the man everyone wrote off in Manny Malhotra is a good choice!

Wow, looking at the masterson nominations IRL, 4 Panthers. Campbell, Karlsson, Malhotra and Handzus. Lots of perseverance on this club! Hope it continues in the playoffs.

If we're talking about the Masterson, let's not forget about the guy fighting to get himself back onto the ice this season after suffering a stroke. I'm talking about the Sabres own Kris Letang!

If we're talking about the Masterson, let's not forget about the guy fighting to get himself back onto the ice this season after suffering a stroke. I'm talking about the Sabres own Kris Letang!

Or the guy who had a life threatening blood clot in Tomas Vokoun and was just sent on his conditioning stint!

FWIW, anyone touting their players for awards will see zero votes from me. I don't think it's right to be influencing the voting. #VoteDesharnaisforMasterton

:lol:

I didn't pay any attention to who owns what player when i made my choices but that was last night, now in the morning I think I made an error. I decided the Hart Award (The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is awarded annually to the "player judged most valuable to his team" in the National Hockey League) based on the NHL teams by mistake...i think I should have done that one for our CDCGML teams...so Curt, can you clarify that one award for me and I will have to reconsider my vote for the Hart i think. sorry to muck it up.

But as i was saying, I worked out my votes blind to our teams rosters, so that I wouldn't feel in any way biased, and it worked well. Lets just say OTTS and I agree on a couple awards already.

YUP, I figured it out and resubmitted my three Hart nominees to reflect the player most valuable to his CDCGML club...my mistake.

I didn't pay any attention to who owns what player when i made my choices but that was last night, now in the morning I think I made an error. I decided the Hart Award (The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is awarded annually to the "player judged most valuable to his team" in the National Hockey League) based on the NHL teams by mistake...i think I should have done that one for our CDCGML teams...so Curt, can you clarify that one award for me and I will have to reconsider my vote for the Hart i think. sorry to muck it up.

But as i was saying, I worked out my votes blind to our teams rosters, so that I wouldn't feel in any way biased, and it worked well. Lets just say OTTS and I agree on a couple awards already.

YUP, I figured it out and resubmitted my three Hart nominees to reflect the player most valuable to his CDCGML club...my mistake.

Good shout, I did the same. I'll re-submit too.

OMG, WOW...

The rescheduled CBJ/Dallas game tonight will be a full 60 minutes but start 1-0 for CBJ...remember it was postponed after a 1-0 score when Peverley collapsed? wowsa...

Add to that Mike Smith is likely going to start the last three phoenix games..with the last one of the year against Dallas and i just might have a playoff goaltender after all!!!

Dallas leads by 2 points in teh final Wildcard spot..each with 6 possible points left..and Dallas down 1-0 before tonights even starts...hahahahahahaha...Go Mike Smith!!!!

OMG, WOW...The rescheduled CBJ/Dallas game tonight will be a full 60 minutes but start 1-0 for CBJ...remember it was postponed after a 1-0 score when Peverley collapsed? wowsa...Add to that Mike Smith is likely going to start the last three phoenix games..with the last one of the year against Dallas and i just might have a playoff goaltender after all!!!Dallas leads by 2 points in teh final Wildcard spot..each with 6 possible points left..and Dallas down 1-0 before tonights even starts...hahahahahahaha...Go Mike Smith!!!!

Yes go Mike Smith!!

Archived