The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Rumour: It appears that Corey Perry has made his decision, and that it will be posted later this evening. Sadly, four teams will be sent their "rejection" letters later this afternoon while one team will get the good news. Needless to say, this was an incredibly difficult decision and we are not looking forward to sending the rejection letters, but players can only play for one team in the end.

Stay tuned...

It turns out that the rumours were false. While very close to a decision, Corey Perry will not in fact be making it tonight. Very soon though, and my apologies for making up rumours... :P

Report: Sources within the Penguins organization have confirmed Brad Marchand is available. Asking price is said to be a top line winger.

GM ActionJax09 was quoted as saying "we are still trying to get something done with Brad but we would never not listen to offers that could make our club better"

Victor Hedman at $7.75 mil for Stralman, Ristolainen, Bigras, 1st 2014, 2nd 2014, Matt Cullen.

I'd say it was pretty succesful for me too. :lol:

It was a move that had to be made. It was a "go for it" year for me. Too bad it didn't work out last year, but Hedman still has plenty more to show and I was able to replenish the picks and then some!

It turns out that the rumours were false. While very close to a decision, Corey Perry will not in fact be making it tonight. Very soon though, and my apologies for making up rumours... :P

What is your take on Antropov and Burmi...i am reading your sig block and remembering that your a Jets guru...do I have to worry about Antropov bolting to the KHL? in general what are the risks out there for russian born players?

What is your take on Antropov and Burmi...i am reading your sig block and remembering that your a Jets guru...do I have to worry about Antropov bolting to the KHL? in general what are the risks out there for russian born players?

I don't think Jets fans are too concerned about Antro but what arby has a solid stance on the Burmi situation :lol:

I don't think Jets fans are too concerned about Antro but what arby has a solid stance on the Burmi situation :lol:

:picard:

Don't even get me started on Jets management... Oops... Too late! :frantic:

Kevin Cheveldayoff could very well be the worst GM in the league. Yes, worse than Gillis, Feaster or Holmgren. While those guys may make bad moves more than anyone else, at least they have the stones to make some moves. The Winnipeg Jets are coming in to their 3rd season since the return, but lets be honest. This is still the team that Don Waddell and RIck Dudley had in Atlanta with some waiver wire scrubs picked up and a few 2nd-tier UFA's that couldn't find anywhere better to go.

This Burmistrov saga is on the Jets. Claude Noel is an AHL-level coach that does not seem to mesh with the Jets ideals. We're supposed to be building towards something here, yet NONE of our young players got a chance with this idiot behind the bench. And Chevy gave him an extension this season, effectively making a 21-year-old 8th-overall pick from just a few years ago bolt for the KHL. Coaches and GM's like ours are a dime-a-dozen. Burmistrov's are not. I'll be surprised if Scheifele and Trouba ever get a real chance with Noel around.

I'm heading into my 3rd and final year as a season ticket holder for the Jets for our initial term agreement. I went to only a handful of games last season and will likely sell a lot this year too. This team sucks, and is no longer in the SouthLeast division anymore. We're going to get torched in the West so bad, and we just moved a 2nd-round pick (likely to be a top-40 pick next summer) for a guy who'll be a UFA next summer. And we just had all of our RFA's apply to arbitration... And we had ZERO UFA's fly in to town during the "courting period" before free agency. What a disaster.

So, um... yeah. Go Jets Go, or something. :sick:

location location location? I don't want to be like that, but is Winnipeg a place millionaire players want to be? I have only seen it flooded, and my unit came to town to bring our sandbagging skills and our dykes to help, oh around 97 i think

edit for clarity: i am definately asking not smearing the great city of Winnipeg, i just don't know its local appeal, nightlife, family life et cetera, the factors that might keep out or attract UFA's other than money and icetime.

^ I often include bonuses in the contract talk, but when it all boils down for our ease of accounting, 1.8m contract with 4.2m in bonuses, for the CDCGML just counts as 6m in AAV...i guess if you worded it so the bonuses were only one year and the contract was two years then obviously 6m plus 1.8m divided by two is your cap hit. so no we don't do the bonus thing, but you can for 'full immersion' in your GM'ing talk about bonuses in the banter with agents....

at least that is how i understand it, i could very easily be wrong.

MSG NEWS 2013

The New York Rangers have shuffled Radek Dvorak to the top line RW position of the Connecticut Whale. This is a summer cap move with no other implications, Radek Dvorak is rumoured to be considering retirement from the league, and we want to allow him to be pressure free while making such an important decision.

Are we allowed to include bonuses in contracts? Like Jarome's deal in real life, it has a cap hit of 1.8M but it has 4.2M in incentives. Is this allowed here?

^ I often include bonuses in the contract talk, but when it all boils down for our ease of accounting, 1.8m contract with 4.2m in bonuses, for the CDCGML just counts as 6m in AAV...i guess if you worded it so the bonuses were only one year and the contract was two years then obviously 6m plus 1.8m divided by two is your cap hit. so no we don't do the bonus thing, but you can for 'full immersion' in your GM'ing talk about bonuses in the banter with agents....

at least that is how i understand it, i could very easily be wrong.

P.O. is basically right - no bonuses can be applied to contracts (other then ELC) - and they cannot be carried over to the next year.

The NHL made and is continuing to make a very big mistake in underestimating the KHL as a rival. If the KHL can ever get their crap together in terms of making it more desirable to play there and more comfortable etc. for the players, we could eventually see a shift to where it is not just Russians who go home to play but other big name guys as well.

Not sure what the NHL can do but they need to do something.

Archived