The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils closing in on Damien Brunner

If I were a betting man, I would put a lot of trust into Damien Brunner to be able to provide for my team's top-six. Though big contracts handed out to one-hit-wonders much like Ville Leino's two summers ago are an absolute risk, I believe that Brunner is a highly skilled player with hands, finish and grittiness in his game. If the Canucks had the cap space, I would be raving over Gillis signing this guy to a contract.

Btw he looks like Pinnochio too.....

little to show for it? he played 7 games on the top line to start the season (his second in the NHL), Scored 6 goals in that time, fought, hit, was a spark emotionally, then was demoted.

Has had a real chance to show anyone anything? AS I SAID 6 MINS ON THE 4TH LINE can't let you prove much. Moreover, every time you make an error as a player you're demoted or your minutes are cut back? great way to develop a player.

Players don't walk in and dominate like Gretz buddy, they make errors and teams, if they want to bring out the talent need to accept it. AV didn't.

Do you think the Sedins, Kesler, etc etc didn't make errors as young players? Of course they did, but the team let them play their game and they developed.

If you tell a player, ok the second you make a mistake all I want you to do is hit and not make any more errors, then complain he's not scoring on the 4th line, who's to blame?

Oh and BTW

Lucic first full season in the NHL

77 gp

8 goals

19 assists

27 pts

Zack Kassian

39 Games

7 goals

4 assists

11 pts

Full Season with his crap minutes, that still projects to.... over 82 games....

15 goals

8 assists

23 pts

I'd say its a fair comparison

Archived