The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To what extent will the goaltending saga define MG's tenure as Canucks GM?

Canuckler87

What saga are you referring too? I only know of the fake drama set up by the media...not sure of any saga that was MG, LU or CS's fault, they all seem to be pretty calm and professional about it all. We all want to blame MG for everything but at the end of the day HIS main concern is the Vancouver Canucks, not Lu or Cory...that's why they have agents. Maybe the one to blame is Lu's agent...maybe he should be fired...oh wait. I know this sound cold and cruel but MG does what he is told to by Frankie Aquaman and what is in the best interests of the hockey club...not necessarily the players. He may BS them, he may sign unfair contracts, he may try to bend the rules etc...but when it's all tolled up it is done for the Canucks...every move, every signing...everything. MG has NOTHING to personally gain by not following his boss' instructions...and he certainly ain't gonna throw his boss under the bus. When you listen to ALL parties concerned (ie/ the Summit meeting etc etc) they have all clearly stated that the media made it out to be a bigger deal, a bigger "saga" than it ever was...and MG can't say "I only did what I was told to do" 'cause he's be fired 30 seconds later (never throw your boss to the media dogs). So be as ticked as you want, but EVERY NHL GM answers to the boss upstairs, not the players. And their interest is strictly focused on the team, not the individual players. That's why the players have agents to watch out for them. Trust me, if MG could trade every single player and get a better player in return and go on to win the DIV, the PC and the SC he'd do it. But isn't every other GM trying to do the same?

if he had kept mitchell they would of been on the hook for his 3.5 million dollar salary this year unable to buy him out since he is injured and also over 35 when he signed the contract meaning the canucks would have 3,5 million less this year

Archived