The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen girl suffers two broken legs after hit-and-run in Abbotsford

PrideInThisTeam

A teenage girl is in hospital Saturday with two broken legs after being run over by a hit-and-run driver in Abbotsford.

Just before 1 a.m., police were called out to Gladwin Road and George Ferguson way where they found a 17-year-old girl who had been hit by a vehicle.

Police said the suspect vehicle, a white pick-up truck with silver rims, fled the scene, leaving the girl with two broken legs.

Just before the collision, the girl was with two other teenagers at a bus stop when the truck slowed and started throwing eggs at the group.

The girl walked toward the truck to determine why the driver and passenger were attacking them.

The driver of the truck then ran over the girl and sped off heading east.

Police are hoping to speak to anyone who may have seen the crash or has information on the vehicle, which they believe is a North American newer-model truck.

As per Global News.

I hope they find the person responsible and get justice for his/her actions. Hope the girl gets a speedy recovery, up and walking in no time.

This is why I'd rather stick with having cats instead of kids. I hope she recovers well.

This is one of those friend of a friend moments. I don't know them, but I feel for my friend as they do.

Broke her femur, what a bunch of dicks. And of course, she was in too much pain at the moment to try and catch the license plate as it drove away from her immobile self.

Hopefully, they get caught. I'm sure somebody who has a conscience knew who the eggers were.

Three teen boys turned themselves in. Will probably get a "don't do that again" speech and be on their way.

What is WRONG with people?

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/story.aspx?ID=2014154

Three teens come forward after hit-and-run in Abbotsford

Abbotsford/CKNW(AM980)

CKNW News Staff | Email news tips to nwnews@cknw.com

7/28/2013

Three teenaged boys have turned themselves in to Abbotsford Police after yesterday's hit and run at George Ferguson Way and Gladwin Road.

All three were in the company of their parents when they arrived at the police detachment last evening.

Police will be recommending charges of assault against the two passengers and a charge of hit and run causing bodily harm against the driver.

Constable Ian MacDonald describes the injuries to the 17-year old victim:

"Fractures to both her legs...essentially, she ended up being pulled under the Dodge pick-up that we have now seized. Pretty incredible injuries."

The victim remains in hospital.

Archived