The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Van-Mtl

Who's Kings fan? And what does having to live in a house have to do with anything? You lost me on those... But calm down there, I was just joking around... Because Mark Bergevin will actually take a dump in a paper bag and send it to you ;).

But I'll put it from a Habs fans prespective for you:

Sweat and Joslin are no longer Canucks property.

So what you proposed was:

Edler, Schroeder and a 2nd

For

Galchenyuk, Tinordi, and a first.

I wouldn't give up Galchenyuk so easily, and I know the Habs wouldn't either. The only way you're prying Galchenyuk away is by over paying, and giving up two higher end prospects (ie; Horvat, and Jensen.)

Change the 1st to Tinordi and I'd do it.

Gallagher is good and does play bigger than his size suggests, but I'm not 100% sold on him yet. I also don't like taking away from our defense without having someone coming back. Tinordi may be tough to swallow, but he would be losing ice time do to Edler's arrival, and they'd be improving their defense in the process.

I'm on the fence for trading Edler. We'll be taking a hit defensively by moving him, so unless we get a package that really benefits us right away (top 6 forward) or long term (multiple prospects) why move him?

Montreal's Defense:

Subban - Markov

Edler - Georges

Bouillon - Emelin

Diaz

Vancouver's Defense:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev/Corrado

Tinordi - UFA/Trade/Tanev

Weber

Gallagher is good and does play bigger than his size suggests, but I'm not 100% sold on him yet. I also don't like taking away from our defense without having someone coming back. Tinordi may be tough to swallow, but he would be losing ice time do to Edler's arrival, and they'd be improving their defense in the process.

I'm on the fence for trading Edler. We'll be taking a hit defensively by moving him, so unless we get a package that really benefits us right away (top 6 forward) or long term (multiple prospects) why move him?

Montreal's Defense:

Subban - Markov

Edler - Georges

Bouillon - Emelin

Diaz

Vancouver's Defense:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev/Corrado

Weber

Montreal's Defense:

Subban - Markov

Edler - Georges

Bouillon - Emelin

Diaz

Vancouver's Defense:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev/Corrado

Weber

Thoughts on a trade straight across: Edler for Subban?

Subban is due for a hefty raise and Montreal might not want to pay it. With the youngest Subban in our system, maybe PK would take a slight hit in salary?

Is it a fair trade?

Do you think either side would do it?

Would you do it?

I would.

Thoughts on a trade straight across: Edler for Subban?

Subban is due for a hefty raise and Montreal might not want to pay it. With the youngest Subban in our system, maybe PK would take a slight hit in salary?

Is it a fair trade?

Do you think either side would do it?

Would you do it?

I would.

Not interested in your kings/muntreal perspective. This is a Canucks forum. We are Canucks fans. Not fans of some mickey mouse organization or dinosaur organization that refuses to change its hideous uniform.

Thirdly, no way do the rotten habs take Horvat and Jensen from us for their unproven prospects. Galchenyuk, Tinordi, (both of whom are unproven) and a 1st for Edler, Schroeder, Rai, Reinprecht, and a 2nd is more than balanced for them...

Not interested in your kings/muntreal perspective. This is a Canucks forum. We are Canucks fans. Not fans of some mickey mouse organization or dinosaur organization that refuses to change its hideous uniform.

Thirdly, no way do the rotten habs take Horvat and Jensen from us for their unproven prospects. Galchenyuk, Tinordi, (both of whom are unproven) and a 1st for Edler, Schroeder, Rai, Reinprecht, and a 2nd is more than balanced for them...

Archived