The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How about some happy news for once :)

All I am saying is the message isn't "human rights" when you dress in leather underwear and grinding on a float.

You wanna throw some make up on and throw a baton in the air, giver!!! or dress over the top queen style, awesome!!

But for the love of god there has got to be a line of decency.

Are you standing for human rights? Or acting like an oiled up creep?

Edit - never once did I say I do not support gay rights.

why are you getting all defensive? I didn't even make a threatening statement and yet you choose to respond like this.

There isn't a certain way you're supposed to speak but there is a gay accent where if you hear someone talk like that, you know automatically that they are gay.

If you don't know that there are certain ways to dress, you need to get your brain checked. it's common sense you don't wear revealing clothes in church, clothes with foul images in family friendly events, etc...

They are celebrating their right to be human thru their gay pride parade. It's not like they are f_c_ing each other throughout the streets. It's one day a year. If you have a moral problem with it, change the channel.

Why do you care so much how they act during their parade, anyways?

They are celebrating their right to be human thru their gay pride parade. It's not like they are f_c_ing each other throughout the streets. It's one day a year. If you have a moral problem with it, change the channel.

Why do you care so much how they act during their parade, anyways?

I'm not arguing. I discuss for the sake of discussing. The internet is tone deaf, so if you hint towards me using a tone that is your subjective response. I just like to philosophize, if you don't want to discuss your thoughts towards the issue, that's fine.

To each their own

What exactly is it about the parade that says the LGBT's are not 'caring' about our society?

It's not about the parade. The parade is fine. Pride doesn't mean having your ass hanging out and acting over sexualized. That sends the movement for equal rights and treatment in the other direction. There's a line that can be crossed would you not agree? Or are you saying that anything and everything is open and we just shouldn't care?

I've been to a pride parade before and I didn't find anything about it morally offensive. Would I be up there like some of them in leather, oil, what have you? No, not just because I'm straight, but because I'm not that much of an extrovert. Do I think there is anything wrong with how they are, do I find it offensive? Again, no, I don't.

Your example of wearing revealing clothing to church and foul images to family friendly events is so irrelevant to what you initially said. Anyone, regardless of their sexuality, is able to do that.

It's your perspective that needs a little work, bud.

Oh well as long as you didn't find anything morally objectionable. I know a lot of LGBT people who don't appreciate those aspects of the parade. It's as simple as that. You can find no problem with it and that's fine but there is a reputation some pride parades have. Performing faux sex acts on a float hurts the cause and the entire meaning of pride.

no sh*t.

I think you pointed out a fundamental issue here: some people find it offensive (even some LGBT's), some people don't. If you don't like it, don't go to the parade. No one is forcing you, or anyone else to like it, or go to it.

How so? I'm pointing out that there is a proper unwritten code about how people should dress in public and that most people that are gay choose to ignore it.

My perspective doesn't need work, its YOU that needs help because you act all touchy and defensive whenever people talk about this topic.

Or make the parade friendly for everybody seeing as how that's the entire meaning of it.

Perhaps if people want to grind they go to a club. The fundamental issue is that people aren't wanting to go to something that is supposed to be open to everybody and some parades have gotten a bad reputation. Be sexy, have fun, dance, laugh whatever it's all good, but there's a line. We all know there is a line for what appropriate in public. If I go to the park, grab Cyril and just start grinding on his leg I'm going to go to jail. Well I probably go the hospital first but eventually; jail.

Or make the parade friendly for everybody seeing as how that's the entire meaning of it.

Perhaps if people want to grind they go to a club. The fundamental issue is that people aren't wanting to go to something that is supposed to be open to everybody and some parades have gotten a bad reputation. Be sexy, have fun, dance, laugh whatever it's all good, but there's a line. We all know there is a line for what appropriate in public. If I go to the park, grab Cyril and just start grinding on his leg I'm going to go to jail. Well I probably go the hospital first but eventually; jail.

If you go and grind Cyril in the park you are hindering on his personal freedom.

Let's say I go to a Canada Day parade here in Montreal and I'm a Quebec Nationalist (I grew up in the lower mainland and am not a nationalist btw, just a hypothetical:). Being a QN, I find the Canada flags offensive, but this parade is supposed to be open to everyone!

What you find offensive is not necessarily something that others find offensive. No one said the pride parade was an event for young and old. We all know what it is about, and we can all decide for ourselves if we want to go to it or not. If you have young children and you don't want them seeing what happens there, don't take them, ya know?

Archived