The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disputing Rogers Wireless Upgrade Dates

stawns

Does anyone have any experience with Rogers screwing up their upgrade dates? They've completely screwed ours up and have pushed back a full year, despite the fact we have bills that show the actual dates. We've tried to get them to fix it, but they refuse and stand by their numbers.

It could be that you made a small change to your plan...sometimes that renews the term/contract but its just a simple mistake. Call and have it cleared up and next time you make changes make sure the rep doesn't renew your term! It's happened to me before too.

It could be that you made a small change to your plan...sometimes that renews the term/contract but its just a simple mistake. Call and have it cleared up and next time you make changes make sure the rep doesn't renew your term! It's happened to me before too.

they're even saying that I didn't get my first iphone until 2010, when I actually got it in 2008, and then upgraded in 2011. They're numbers are completely inaccurate......not to mention they think I swapped an iphone4 for different iphone4, which is completely untrue, I have the same iphone4 I had when I did my upgrade.

The rep on the phone will just laugh while you're on mute, if you do this. It's honestly one of the silliest tactics that customers try to pull. The agent on the line is not at risk, at all, when it comes to a lawsuit. So it's a pretty hollow threat.

Threatening to cancel, that will get some attention. Unless, as in most cases, you have a contract ...

So the best bet, in truth, is to escalate it to a manager and be polite and friendly. You'd be surprised how much further that gets you (not saying you haven't done that, though).

Bills are good but do they actually provide updates about the remaining term on the contract? I.e. just because you have bills dating back to 2010 doesn't mean you've been on the same contract unless it explicitly shows that.

If yes on what basis are they saying you're still under contract with them?

Archived