To Van

Griffin Reinhart

Ryan Strome

To TB

Alex Burrows

3rd

To Van

Brett Connolly

Each of these trades are very probable. Would all happen maybe not. But I think they could if MG really wanted to reset this team as he stated this summer. With these trades I know there is a question of what are these players going to be; other than Downie. But the great thing is we now have a coach who loves young players and they seem to respond well to him. The three best things going for us in these trades besides potential are youth, more skill and speed.

I am not going to go into what each of our players bring to the other teams other than experience because I feel this post will be long enough and no matter what I say there is always going to be rebuttals. I just try and justify what each player brings to us.

Steve Downie : Combination of grit, two way game hart and skill

Not afraid to play with an edge and still get you 40+pts

Can fill any role asked of him on the right side

Martin Frk : Grit, Skill, hart and a two way game 6' - 200lbs

Put up decent numbers in Halifax before Mackinnon and Drouin came along

One of the hardest shots I've seen from a forward

Vincent Trocheck : Skill and decent size 6' - 190+lbs

Improve every year at the junior level

Potential 2nd line center

Griffin Reinhart :6'4" - 205lbs

Talent, great in his own end

Still needs to realize his full offensive potential

Ryan Strome : 6'1" - 183lbs

A slick offensive center who possesses an instinctively gifted skill-set, Strome has excellent hand-skills and a bag full of tricks with the puck on his stick. He has the ability to protect the puck in traffic and is also a very good passer with a playmaker's vision.

Brett Connolly : BC boy 6'2" - 200lbs

Connolly is a pure offensive talent who can make plays at a high rate of speed. He can score goals as well as set them up. Connolly will have to adjust to the tighter checking, physical nature at the level of the pro game but he is an elite talent capable of dominating games. Connolly's hip injury was a big source of concern heading into the 2010 draft but a preliminary report indicated that he is recovering and was impressive during the summer prospect camp with the Lightning. He has added size to his frame since his early junior days and is much stronger on the puck in tight areas

These players represent the best option in cracking our lineup this year. Playing specific roles.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Brett Connolly ($1.633m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Ryan Strome ($1.713m) / Martin Frk ($0.894m)

Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Vincent Trocheck ($0.894m) / Steve Downie ($2.650m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

Hunter Shinkaruk ($1.138m) / Bo Horvat ($1.775m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) / Griffin Reinhart ($3.244m)

Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,864,444; BONUSES: $5,790,000

CAP SPACE (27-man roster): $3,258,056

For the purpose of showing the depth at each position this is a 27 man roster.

Note the cap space.

Each player is on a entry level contract except for Downie which gives us plenty of cap space for the next three seasons.

I'd do the Islander trade in a heart beat but they'd have to be brain dead to accept it. Maybe if we threw in a 1st or a 2nd if we are lucky, Ed's value isn't as high as it was before last year.

I'd like to see if he doesn't suck defensively here first. If he can simplify his game a little more he'd be better offensively too. Him and Booth need to make me eat my words this year. I am sick of saying "trade them" after every game.

I'd do the Islander trade in a heart beat but they'd have to be brain dead to accept it. Maybe if we threw in a 1st or a 2nd if we are lucky, Ed's value isn't as high as it was before last year.

I'd like to see if he doesn't suck defensively here first. If he can simplify his game a little more he'd be better offensively too. Him and Booth need to make me eat my words this year. I am sick of saying "trade them" after every game.

Archived