The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito has untapped potential

Canuckler87

This has to be the perfect example (there are some similar post to this, but is one is ?) of having a group conversation and one of the group members keeps making comments that show he has no idea of what he is talking about.

Sestito does have more to his game then he has been given a chance to show, period. A lot of peoples opinions on Sestito lack any insights or fact; just a bunch of hateful garbage that makes this forum look foolish and spiteful.

Come the start of the season I do not care if Sestito is playing for the Canucks or some other team, but to bad mouth the guy shows how swallow people are. Give the guy credit he worked hard and guess what he did something very few can ever achieve; he got drafted into the NHL and is now playing for the team we all love.

Rypien got the same bashing he was useless to half of CDC. He was my favorite player when he was here and it had nothing to do with skill at hockey or fighting it was his heart and emotion and fearlessness he would play with.

Sestito was never really given a chance to develop his game given his size and willingness to fight. Kassian was a little more lucky that he wasn't labeled with goon status difference being kassian is a pretty fast skater.

I say tell sestito to lose some weight and improve his speed then see how he does.

"He's not even a consideration for fourth line duty on a Cup contender. Nuff said. "

Given the Canucks are not contenders(imo) and nobody else fills the role I have no problem keeping him around for a couple of seasons. This gives the Canucks time to build or find a replacement that can play a few more minutes per game.

"He's not even a consideration for fourth line duty on a Cup contender. Nuff said. "

Given the Canucks are not contenders(imo) and nobody else fills the role I have no problem keeping him around for a couple of seasons. This gives the Canucks time to build or find a replacement that can play a few more minutes per game.

The way things are going it seems that Benning and Linden are hell-bent on keeping that window propped open so we'd better hope they are next year.

This has to be the perfect example (there are some similar post to this, but is one is ?) of having a group conversation and one of the group members keeps making comments that show he has no idea of what he is talking about.

Sestito does have more to his game then he has been given a chance to show, period. A lot of peoples opinions on Sestito lack any insights or fact; just a bunch of hateful garbage that makes this forum look foolish and spiteful.

Come the start of the season I do not care if Sestito is playing for the Canucks or some other team, but to bad mouth the guy shows how swallow people are. Give the guy credit he worked hard and guess what he did something very few can ever achieve; he got drafted into the NHL and is now playing for the team we all love.

I agree that there is more to Sestito than he had the op to show...due to his minimal usage by Tortorella, last season.

I remember him getting some rare op with Richardson tho',...where he rushed, banged a puck free off the boards, got up ice & into position, then scored. Getting into a rhythm out there is essential for synergy with his 'mates. The game-plan your line gets assigned matters, too.

Sestito has some good hand-eye co-ordination & the highest shooting percentage on the team last year. That talent was rarely featured due to lack of opportunity. Can't always be easy gripping a hockey-stick with bruised & swollen hands inside those heavy gloves. Check out some of his goals & the praise Tom receives, from the commentators, while helping to set-up 'em up...

http://youtu.be/ERSQPtST0yo

http://youtu.be/v9VXd1v3vZg

http://youtu.be/cM-xvZ6bPxs

He's like a Carcillo to Philly...

You mean the same Carcillo that ACTUALLY plays for NYR? Or is there another Carcillo out there impersonating the journeyman mouthpiece/rat?

Back to Sestito for a second...he actually produced decent numbers for a fourth line knuckle dragger playing 6 1/2 minutes per game. But, too slow to get in on the forecheck effectively, too slow to back check, and what was he this year in his fights? 7W-12L according to fan votes on hockeyfights.com (and one of the wins credited to him was jumping Nolan for the liberties he took with Daniel Sedin). He won't be contending for the heavyweight champ of the NHL anytime soon.

Since he's not much of a fighter, maybe he should work on his fitness (apparent knock against him was that he wasn't in the best of shape) and skills so that he may be a serviceable fourth liner.

Archived