The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito has untapped potential

Canuckler87

What a terrible thread.

Sestito is the worst player on this team.

He can't skate, can't score, can't pass and worst of all; he can't fight (which is why he was brought in here in the first place!)

Can't think of any player worse on this Canuck team.

This thread is a joke

Your a joke.

He could actually be the least most skilled player in the NHL today.

Yeah. That's why he put up 42 goals in his last year of junior right? And was the Whalers best player at the Memorial Cup that year?

Goons with no skill can't even put up numbers in junior or the AHL, where Tostito got over half a PPG.

Yeah. That's why he put up 42 goals in his last year of junior right? And was the Whalers best player at the Memorial Cup that year?

Goons with no skill can't even put up numbers in junior or the AHL, where Tostito got over half a PPG.

yes because points by big men in Jr always translate to the NHL. just because he is a Canuck doesnt make him a potential superstar.

In order to play in Tortorella's system, Sestito will have to show way more than his questionable pugilistic ability to stay on the roster. Hopefully he can demonstrate a true freight train mentality and be the force on the fourth line. Also it wouldn't hurt if he became a better fighter

I think CDC are making a massive mistake judging our players' ability from observations of a whole team struggling to play an out-dated, ineffective system AV refused to change. How anyone has a strong opinion about Sestito when he barely played is beyond me

You must catch a lot of games on radio

5 goals in 57 nhl games, so 8-10 goals isn't out of the question if he plays the whole season which he probably won't. Sestito can be effective, in fact when he was with Columbus he played a great game against Vancouver and I was hoping we found a way to get him.

He was employed in a defensive role under AV, he is more of an offensive player (screen the goalie bang in rebounds, forecheck hard).

Weise has untapped potential - we saw him score a couple of beauties before.

Volpatti has untapped potential - he's shown he's got a wicked wrist shot.

Sestito is an AHLer and shouldn't get more than 30 games next season. I'd pick Jensen or even Shinkaruk over him any day for our 4th line wing spots.

Archived