The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cant watch preseason games in alberta?

GameCenter or Center Ice are the only legal options we can talk about here for anyone wanting to watch outside of BC. Both work fine, but cost money. Other than that, google is your friend as well as all the other threads on this in Canucks Talk.

you people are ridiculous.

tsn buys up the canadian national weekday broadcast rights. cbc buys up the weekends. sportsnet only purchases regional broadcast rights.

it's simple and logical and entirely fair. lose the sense of entitlement. if you'd like to enjoy the privilege of watching the team, pay for it.

I'm also a 'Nucks fan living in Alberta and went through those regional blackout pains when I first moved to the land of oil and lifted 4x4's.

Initially my first thought was streaming the games off the internet but for a lot of 'those' sites the lag and choppiness make some games damn near unwatchable (especially if it is being heavily viewed).

Eventually I just ended up buying Centre Ice and haven't looked back. It isn't that expensive and it gives me the freedom to watch my team the way I want and that is important to me.

Archived