The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis on Team 1040 at 8:45 AM

-Vintage Canuck-

-Doig well.

-Camp is tough.

-Sometimes you come up on the short end.

-Who am i talking to? (to Pratt)

-Not concerned about the loss.

-Looking for success through change.

-Sedins contract progress going fine.

-Booth: Cleared to play. Will Saturday. Expectations high. Very high. Anticipates a good season. Hopefully stays healthy.

-Luongo is a real pro. Full of pride. Expected to have great season. Slow starter. Handled himself impeccably.

-Prospects doing really well. Horvat and Shinkaruk doing very well. Corrado. Kassian. Gaunce. All looking good.

-Traded picks in pursuit of cup. It happens. Now we're re-stocking. (Meaning an acknowledgement of the window closure?)

-A lot of energy and positives.

-In favour of 3-on-3 OT's before shootout. (So am i.)

-Schedule is nothing new. (Sleeeep docctooorss!) Confident in season management.

-Bro wants sleep doctor.

-Doig well.

-Camp is tough.

-Sometimes you come up on the short end.

-Who am i talking to? (to Pratt)

-Not concerned about the loss.

-Looking for success through change.

-Sedins contract progress going fine.

-Booth: Cleared to play. Will Saturday. Expectations high. Very high. Anticipates a good season. Hopefully stays healthy.

-Luongo is a real pro. Full of pride. Expected to have great season. Slow starter. Handled himself impeccably.

-Prospects doing really well. Horvat and Shinkaruk doing very well. Corrado. Kassian. Gaunce. All looking good.

-Traded picks in pursuit of cup. It happens. Now we're re-stocking. (Meaning an acknowledgement of the window closure?)

-A lot of energy and positives.

-In favour of 3-on-3 OT's before shootout. (So am i.)

-Schedule is nothing new. (Sleeeep docctooorss!) Confident in season management.

-Bro wants sleep doctor.

Well if there is one thing to take away from this, it's that the direction of the team is most certainly getting younger. The young guys might not crack the roster this year, but with the recent re-stock of our prospects being better than ever, I have to feel that they will be pushing our jaded vets out of roster spots in the next 2 years. The Sedins' meagre production last year probably meant we have to fast track a youth movement. Althouhg I think we'll be stuck in limbo for a bit, as the Sedins are on their way out, but our young guys aren't yet ready to produce.

I won't be surprised when Kesler and Bieksa are traded to teams where they can win a cup. I'd love for them to be Canucks for life though. They are both UFA's along with Hamhuis at the 16-17 season.

Crossing my fingers that the Canucks become able to implement youth without that being a weak justification for the current core group to be dispersed. The winning teams can do it.

I won't be surprised when Kesler and Bieksa are traded to teams where they can win a cup. I'd love for them to be Canucks for life though. They are both UFA's along with Hamhuis at the 16-17 season.

Crossing my fingers that the Canucks become able to implement youth without that being a weak justification for the current core group to be dispersed. The winning teams can do it.

Archived