The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Help this Vancouver Non-Profit get $100,000 Grant

Provost

I looked at the board rules and didn't see anything that addressed this but Mods delete if it is not allowed. I have been a positive contributor on this forum for more than a decade... one of the longest members around.

We are in a competition to get a big grant and it requires some online votes (ridiculously few actually) to get to the final round where we are guaranteed some funding.

It is to support Infertility Awareness (1 in 6 couples in Canada have difficulty conceiving). I actually have it on pretty good authority that a Canuck player has dealt with this issue recently. It tends to be a younger demographic on this board who may not have encountered this yet... but many will.

Basically, folks can vote once per day for the next 12 days... just go to this link:

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf16926

It would be a really big deal if folks could take the few seconds it takes to do this... don't sign up through the Facebook option as it asks for access to your profile like every other app does. Just sign up using your spam email address (they don't actually send out spam, I have gotten 1 email from them in a year).

Much appreciated!

I see the trolls have come out in force... nothing better to do with their lives than make snide posts.

Hey guys... try doing something positive and worthwhile with your time that makes the world better. The "I am cool and apathetic thing only works well until you hit about 15 years old".

I see the trolls have come out in force... nothing better to do with their lives than make snide posts.

Hey guys... try doing something positive and worthwhile with your time that makes the world better. The "I am cool and apathetic thing only works well until you hit about 15 years old".

You are welcome, hope you learned something... I doubt it, but I try to believe the best in people.

The reference to people doing something useful is not in relation to whether they vote for my particular cause or not... but referring to the fact that their enjoyment comes from posting meaningless negative crap in a thread to make themselves feel cool.

Not at all, it takes a special kind of loser to be the kind of person who comes in and craps on a charity thread for kicks, one that had been positive about a couple of charities and not mine in particular.

The same as someone on a new/alternate account who probably got banned before for their inappropriate behavior coming in and defending them.

Not at all, it takes a special kind of loser to be the kind of person who comes in and craps on a charity thread for kicks, one that had been positive about a couple of charities and not mine in particular.

The same as someone on a new/alternate account who probably got banned before for their inappropriate behavior coming in and defending them.

Archived