The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Flyers Interested in Byfuglien [Eklund]

Drouin

Footnote; If I'm Philly, the guy out of Winnipeg who helps is not Byfuglien. Its Trouba!

If you're any team, you want Trouba. That said, Winnipeg won't be letting go of Trouba anytime soon. As far as parting with Byfuglien, the only player I'd want back in return is Giroux. They don't need wingers and they don't need projects like Schenn or Couturier.

Would Simmonds, Laughton, Meszaros, and a 1st for Byfuglien be fair?

If Im Mike Gillis and Im hearing Big Buff is available.. Im interested also

If Gillis inquires about Buff and likes Winnipeg's asking price, would we put him back at forward or keep him on defence?

Would Simmonds, Laughton, Meszaros, and a 1st for Byfuglien be fair?

If Gillis inquires about Buff and likes Winnipeg's asking price, would we put him back at forward or keep him on defence?

Buff is a guy I would cough up a 1st for in a heartbeat.... Who cares where he plays on our squad...plant him in front of the net come playoff time.... Worked once before. Im sure with winter setting in Winnipeg soon, Im sure Buff would LOVE to get out of there

Buff is a guy I would cough up a 1st for in a heartbeat.... Who cares where he plays on our squad...plant him in front of the net come playoff time.... Worked once before. Im sure with winter setting in Winnipeg soon, Im sure Buff would LOVE to get out of there

Except he and his wife are from Minnesota, so he actually likes it here. I know none of you have any reason to believe me, but a friend of mine works at the border where Buff frequents. He likes the winters just fine.

As far as the Jets trading him, I'd be fine with it IF a top centre was coming back in return. Canucks aren't willing to part with what the Jets need.

I'd place him on forward. With our "lack?" Of depth we could use a guy who's not on the Sedin line to help produce more regularly. He can be pur on D or forward at will and would be a sweet pick up although i really dislike him. Not Keith status but that goes without saying.

I'd place him on forward. With our "lack?" Of depth we could use a guy who's not on the Sedin line to help produce more regularly. He can be pur on D or forward at will and would be a sweet pick up although i really dislike him. Not Keith status but that goes without saying.

Byfuglien already has moments on the ice where he looks disinterested, and that's when he's on defense. You want to really see Byfuglien pout, put him on offense and you'll see someone playing with no heart. Jets did it last year for a few games and he looked and played miserably.

Archived