The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

View From the Other Side - Kings Fans Nov 9

DIBdaQUIB

May be busy tonight so thought I'd get this going early. I'll try to update the King's fans comments throughout the day and on a period-by-period basis, time permitting.

Their GDT has 9 posts so far!! Found more participation in the "Betting" thread. What does that say about their fan base?

Fans that post there appear to have liked Richardson.

Pre-game Comments

"We know one thing for sure, we will need to score more than one goal to win, because unfortunately Richardson will net at least one. Just keep him away from a hatty!"

"Everyone's gotta go to drown out the Canucks fans cheering."

"I hope we can shut down that Brad Richardson guy."

Response to ^^^

"Naww, I miss Richie."

"Kings have to come up big in this one! Canucks aren't gonna let us win on a couple of lucky power play goals!! And, I will not be sad if Brad Richardson scores one or two. As long as we score more!!! Go Kings!"

"Glad to see Richardson getting the playing time he deserves. One of my favorite players during the Cup run."

"What the **** is a canuck?!"

"If the Kings are ready to play and don't skip the first 20 Minutes, this is going to be a nail-biter with the Kings win 2-1 in OT.

If the Kings think they can start the same ways as against Buffalo, this is going to get ugly with Vancouver routing the Kings 5-1."

"I'm so upset that I'm going to miss the fun fans of Vancouver. Oh well, Go Kings Go!!!"

"The Kings will prevail over the hated Canucks of Vancouver!!!"

"GO KINGS GO...!!! Time to beat the Dogsnot out of the Sedin Sisters & Co. "

"I've always enjoyed watching Torts back there behind the bench. Going to seem strange, him not coaching Rangers anymore. "

"this song sucks so bad i want to vomit "

GAME TIME

"Very unusual and rare start for Kings. Looking like they're coming out ready for this 1st "

"Nucks fast as hell out there "

"Quick keeping this game manageable...again.

The players really need to work harder in front of him."

"Sutterella?! I don't think he'll like that nickname, Foxy. "

"Nice hit on Sedin, Brownie! Make the *****er have flashbacks! "

"Geez, I'm quickly getting cross-eyed here, watching and trying to keep up with all this soooper fast action out there "

FIRST LA GOAL

"Ha, Vey toasted Brad Richardson on that goal!!! That's one reason why you aren't in LA any more Brad! "

Second LA Goal

"Top Booby Toffoli!"

"The Real LA Kings have shown up tonight to play".

"Wow, what a period. Both sides played well, but our rookies stepped up!! Eat it twinnies, Kessloser and Too Big a Contract to Get Traded"

2nd Period

"So far so good, but it's a kings game so that means give up a goal or two in the next couple periods and have to sweat it out in OT and the shootout. Right?

"Burrows, you douche.

If he just kept his foot there without kicking, might have went in as well. "

"I've never seen a horror movie that scared me nearly as much as watching Quick play the puck. "

"Gotta give credit to Hamhuis for making a great play to break up that 2 on 1. "

"According to her Twitter the awesome Rachel Nichols (actress not ESPN) is right behind the LA bench. She cheers for the Nucks though because she's been in Vancouver for 3 years shooting Continuum. "

Goals 3,4,5...

"And the Kings destroy the Canucks once again. way to go TT "

"F U Vancouver, right in the ear." Posted by "I'M Dumb and I prove it"

"I sense riots. "

"Vancouver is playing horribly tonight, with the exception of a couple of shifts.

" How the hell did Lewis miss that? All he had to do was flick the puck over Lack's leg into the wide open net."

"Kings have the Torts defense all figured out. D men rarely go behind the net in his system. Same way the Rags used to do it. Kings are taking big advantage of that with all those set ups behind the net. "

"That play was never a penalty until this year. It was low but it was still clearly a hip check. Guys are gonna have to get used to that being called. Hope Brown is okay.

He's already back out there. Such a weak rule."

"Well, Brown has always had a pretty good knack for making things look a lot more dramatic "

"id the Sedin's even touch the ice in the the third period? Seems like Tort's threw in the towel early, maybe to rest for the Ducks tomorrow. "

"A little taste from the Canuck boards : The refs are wearing the same colors as the Kings. Coincidence?" ^^^Apparently the Kings troll our boards too.

"Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played)."

How pathetic a fan base, when they have to ask their fans to "drown out the Canucks fans cheering".

comments like these is why these threads are going to die eventually. Instinctually people find reasons to hate the other side. Just wait until later in the season when things get tense... these threads are going to become pure hate generators.

Also, isn't that what happens here at Toronto and Montreal games?

comments like these is why these threads are going to die eventually. Instinctually people find reasons to hate the other side. Just wait until later in the season when things get tense... these threads are going to become pure hate generators.

I'm sure I've seen that exact comment when the Leafs have been here, yes.

Those Leafs and Habs fans are only loud when they lead or win the games.

aha. "Everyone's gotta go to drown out the Canucks fans cheering." good luck with that. staples center has to have the quietest building ever

Have you been to the staples center for a game? Didn't think so. Definitely not the quietest or even close to. Honestly just as loud as Rogers sad to say.

Archived