The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime/Manga Tournament [Dragon Ball Division] CLOSED

Alchemy Time

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm the only one who voted for Yu-Gi-Oh? Really?

Personally Digimon vs DBZ was the toughest choice for me this round.

Yugioh drove me nuts because the game never had any real rules and made no sense. Plus they were always using holograms and yet people were dueled into a coma on a regular basis from a card game.

But still Dragon Ball was a really good show. Some even consider it better written than DBZ.

Yugioh drove me nuts because the game never had any real rules and made no sense. Plus they were always using holograms and yet people were dueled into a coma on a regular basis from a card game.

But still Dragon Ball was a really good show. Some even consider it better written than DBZ.

The first season (Duelist Kingdom) had no rules. Starting with Battle City, the card game actually began to have a consistent set of rules and maintained them for the next few years.

I preffered Dragon Ball tbh, not because it was better written but because everyone played a part.

In DBZ It was Goku, Vegeta, Goku and Vegeta's kids, maybe Piccolo and that was it. Everyone else was useless by the halfway point of the series.

Not bashing DBZ though, it's a fantastic series, but I just think the original was better. Which is why it astounds me that Yu-Gi-Oh is even getting votes at this point.

I preffered Dragon Ball tbh, not because it was better written but because everyone played a part.

In DBZ It was Goku, Vegeta, Goku and Vegeta's kids, maybe Piccolo and that was it. Everyone else was useless by the halfway point of the series.

Not bashing DBZ though, it's a fantastic series, but I just think the original was better. Which is why it astounds me that Yu-Gi-Oh is even getting votes at this point.

Krillin? He had huge parts early in the series. And all the villains in DBZ too. Frieza, the Androids, Cell, Buu. A lot of characters were huge.

I felt it was better written because DBZ would drag on certain events for numerous episodes and the Buu series was just a disaster to me given how much of the writing served no purpose and how ridiculously irrational some of the decisions were.

But I do agree almost everyone from DB became pretty useless fast and being Saiyan was the only way to really remain relevant.

Krillin? He had huge parts early in the series. And all the villains in DBZ too. Frieza, the Androids, Cell, Buu. A lot of characters were huge.

Each character peaked...

Piccolo - Cell series right before he reached his perfect form after he merged with Kame.

Krillin - Became irrelevant after the Garlic Jr. series. Kind of a side act with Maran and #18.

Yamcha - Irrelevant after Dragon Ball ended.

Tien - Had a brief moment against imperfect cell but otherwise irrelevant.

Chiaotzu - Irrelevant after Dragon Ball ended.

Bulma - Birthed Trunks. Complained the rest of the series.

Chichi - Almost a villain in valuing Gohan's studies over saving the Earth.

Roshi - Perverted comic relief.

Oolong - Extra

That is pretty much what most of Dragon Balls characters were reduced to. Mr. Satan was more relevant than most of them.

I'm thinking that I might start doing write-ups on each series so people who have never seen either show in a specific poll would know what they're voting for.

That would be a very cool thing to do. Like I said before, I've basically only ever watched DBZ and DB so I'm not going to be voting at all this tournament because I don't feel it would be fair to the other shows.

I'm still very much paying attention to the tournament, though. If you were to write up a bit about each show it would be greatly educational for me, and will likely spark debate amongst the voters.

Archived