The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

I know what you mean. It's a great system, but no games you couldn't get on any other platform.

Apparently Bungie's Destiny is 30fps on everything but PS4, which is 60fps. That would be a system seller. Coming from a 360 fan, you're going to love Bungie. They make amazing games.

Yeah, I've played a bunch of the Halo's. They're great games, but I never really got into them too much.

Destiny looks fantastic though. We'll see.

Also, yeah.....the 60fps thing is ridiculous. Not sure why the Xbox didn't care about that aspect. A lot of people are picky with those kind of things and it will definitely sway them to the PS4.

Drive Club will be free for PS+ Users... however with less cars and tracks, and possibly an option to upgrade the game to full version. So could try it out first for free while buying Infamous, and if you like it enough, go ahead and buy the full version.

great! I'll get Driveclub for free then and buy Infamous and/or AC4!

In March, Infamous Second Sun comes out. It's looks unreal. The only game I enjoy on PS4 right now is Assassin's Creed 4 and Resogun. Both are great games.

I never played the first two games which makes me hesitant on it but we will see. I did get AC4 a while back though on PC. Right now I am mainly just waiting for those special games to release. If Second Son gets amazing ratings though I will cave and get it.

You didn't look at the selection in store when you bought it???

No I did. I mainly am looking forward to games that are coming out and in general I trust PS more with exclusive than Xbox. I got it because the price won't drop before the 6th month and between 6 and 9 is when most of the legit games release. The few games I was interested in I already had gotten for PC in Assassins Creed Black Flag and BF4 which I regret getting. So for now its just my expensive Netflix box but no regrets yet.

Yeah, I've played a bunch of the Halo's. They're great games, but I never really got into them too much.

Destiny looks fantastic though. We'll see.

Also, yeah.....the 60fps thing is ridiculous. Not sure why the Xbox didn't care about that aspect. A lot of people are picky with those kind of things and it will definitely sway them to the PS4.

Yeah, it certainly help sway my opinion to get the PS4 first. I am getting an Xbox One at somepoint (waiting on e3 first) but I wont be buying anything for it that's available on PS4. I'm getting it for the exclusives. Both Microsoft and Sony said they have a lot of games in development right now that we don't know about. They are to be revealed at e3 so I'm pumped.

I never played the first two games which makes me hesitant on it but we will see. I did get AC4 a while back though on PC. Right now I am mainly just waiting for those special games to release. If Second Son gets amazing ratings though I will cave and get it.

I never played the first 2 either, but SS looks really good. It's one of the flagship exclusives that Sony has, so I fully expect good things to come.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul

Yeah, it certainly help sway my opinion to get the PS4 first. I am getting an Xbox One at somepoint (waiting on e3 first) but I wont be buying anything for it that's available on PS4. I'm getting it for the exclusives. Both Microsoft and Sony said they have a lot of games in development right now that we don't know about. They are to be revealed at e3 so I'm pumped.

I never played the first 2 either, but SS looks really good. It's one of the flagship exclusives that Sony has, so I fully expect good things to come.

You guys should try out the first 2 if you can. The first one has framerate issues sometimes, but it's a great game. The 2nd one fixed those problems and made it look way better. They are both solid games.

I really can't wait for Second Son. I think it will be a beaut.

You guys should try out the first 2 if you can. The first one has framerate issues sometimes, but it's a great game. The 2nd one fixed those problems and made it look way better. They are both solid games.

I really can't wait for Second Son. I think it will be a beaut.

I don't have a console to play the first two :( the only ps3 exclusives I really played were Motor Storm, Ratchet/Clank and TLoU (which better come to ps4). There's a few games I always wanted to try. Infamous and Uncharted. I can't wait for them!

I don't have a console to play the first two :( the only ps3 exclusives I really played were Motor Storm, Ratchet/Clank and TLoU (which better come to ps4). There's a few games I always wanted to try. Infamous and Uncharted. I can't wait for them!

All PS3 games should be coming to PS4 with that Gaikai video game streaming thing on it's way.

Purely numbers though. There isn't a signiificant difference To the eyes.

No difference in 60 fps vs. 30 fps? Yes, yes there is. Significantly so. If not just speaking for the power of a given system, that difference ends up showing on the screen. 30 is manageable, and it's not really until 20 before the stuttering becomes a huge issue, but if you have a screen with a 60hz refresh rate on your screen, you should be trying to push it. It's not until about 45-50 fps that the difference starts to become negligible. When dealing with games on my PC, I try and always tweak the settings until the fps is manageable. 30 fps would not be good enough unless I'm on older machine.

Edited by g_bassi13
  • Upvote 2