The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 11/17/13 - 5PM

Strombone1

Since I did it at the end of the first...I'll do it again.

SHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUT

SHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUTSHUTOUT

The team is average on paper and is playing to that level. LU has average numbers. Their record accurately reflects where they should be. The problem is, the fans have high expectations and view the team as a contender. The result...major disappointment.

I don't think they've played average against the Sharks last two games or some of the top teams. They're playing well below average tonight and I think we know they can play much better ... major disappointment.

Ya, I'm def not a goalie expert. And I also don't like piling on the goaltender, and I'm not a Luongo hater. It's not about that. But as I documented in the post above, there are legitimate concerns about him this season. Can he find a way mentally to get over being in this town where he doesn't want to be? He's been in this league forever and has been one of the leagues best. We know he can do it, but will he? The #'s aren't in his favor despite great D (for the most part) infront of him. The team needs more.

If that's all we're arguing about, then fair enough. There's no rebutting or answering those questions. Only time can tell!

Archived