The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime/Manga Tournament [Long Running Division] CLOSED

Alchemy Time

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Naruto

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Naruto and its subsequent series, Naruto Shipudden, centre around the struggles of young orphan Naruto Uzumaki, and those he interacts with. Using ninjutsu, a form of magic in the Naruto world, Naruto and others fight epic battles against evil. The plot tells the story of Naruto, an adolescent ninja who constantly searches for recognition and dreams to become the Hokage, the ninja in his village who is acknowledged as the leader and the strongest of all.

Naruto is one of the most popular animes of all-time, has run for 561 episodes and will continue for at least 40 more, as the manga is still running. It has spawned 6 movies, the spinoff series Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals and an incredible 53 video games. Naruto and Naruto Shipudden hold a combined rating of 8/10 on IMDb based on over 45000 ratings.

One Piece

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy whose body gains the properties of rubber after unintentionally eating a Devil Fruit, and his diverse crew of pirates, named the Straw Hat Pirates. Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as One Piece in order to become the next Pirate King.

One Piece is the most successful and popular anime of all-time, and other than the 4kids dub(the greatest bastardization in the history of television) is one of the best. One Piece has run for 624 episodes, and is expected to run well into 1000. It has spawned 12 films and 37 video games.

It holds a rating of 8.4/10 on IMDb based on over 16000 ratings.

Bleach

Genre: Action, Adventure, Supernatural

Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper (a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper) from another Soul Reaper, Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife.

Bleach is one of the most popular animes of all-time. It has run for 366 episodes, 22 video games have been made from it as well as 4 films. It holds an 8/10 rating on IMDb based on almost 20000 votes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pn7NdVDq-c

Detective Conan

Genre: Dark, Mystery, Romance, Comedy

The story follows Jimmy Kudo, a genius high school detective who often helps the police solve cases. During an investigation, he is attacked by Gin and Vodka, two members of a syndicate known as the Black Organization. They force him to ingest an experimental poison called APTX 4869 to kill him without leaving evidence. A rare side-effect of the poison, however, transforms him into a child instead of killing him. Adopting the pseudonym Conan Edogawa, Kudo hides his identity to investigate the Black Organization.

The series has run for an incredibly long time, and is still going strong at 721 episodes. 17 films have been made off the series (including the crossover movie Detective Conan vs. Lupin III), a live-action TV series, a spin-off series based on Conan's nemesis, Kaito Kid, and 22 video games. It holds a rating of 7.9/10 on IMDb based on over 3000 votes.

This anime is VERY good. I highly recommend it.

Fairy Tail

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Supernatural, Comedy

Fairy Tail follows the adventures of Lucy Heartfilia, a teenage wizard, who joins the wizards' guild Fairy Tail, and teams up with fellow guild member Natsu Dragneel as he searches for the dragon Igneel.

The anime has also received positive response from critics and viewers alike. In Southeast Asia, Fairy Tail won Animax Asia's "Anime of the Year" award in 2010.

The series has run for 175 episodes and is still going strong. It has had 5 video games based on it, and holds an IMDb rating of 7.8/10 based on almost 3000 votes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEqU1Fwws80

Pokemon

Do I really need to do a write up for this one? Everyone’s seen Pokemon before.

Sailor Moon

Genre: Magical Girl, Action, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy

Sailor Moon follows Usagi Tsukino, an ordinary and ditzy 14-year-old who one day discovers Luna, a talking cat who reveals Usagi's identity as "Sailor Moon", a magical warrior destined to save Earth from the forces of evil. Luna tasks her with finding the Moon Princess and protecting Earth from a series of antagonists, beginning with the Dark Kingdom that appeared once before a long time ago and destroyed the Moon Kingdom.

As the series progresses, Usagi and her friends learn more and more about the enemies they face and the evil force that directs them. The characters' pasts are mysterious and hidden even to them, and much of the early series is devoted to rediscovering their true identities and pasts.

Toei Animation produced an anime television series based on the manga. The series, also titled Sailor Moon, began airing in Japan on March 7, 1992 and ended on February 8, 1997. The series spans 200 episodes, and is one of the longest-running magical girl anime series. Sailor Moon has since become one of the most famous anime properties in the world. It holds an IMDb rating of 7.2/10 based on over 8000 votes.

Inu-Yasha

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural

The series follows a 15-year-old girl from Tokyo, Kagome Higurashi, who is transported to the Sengoku period after falling into a well in her family shrine, where she meets InuYasha, a half-demon. When a monster from that era tries to take the magical Jewel of Four Souls embodied in Kagome, she accidentally shatters the Jewel into many pieces that are dispersed across Japan. InuYasha and Kagome start traveling to recover it before the powerful demon Naraku finds all the shards.

The anime of InuYasha was ranked twenty by TV Asahi of the 100 best anime series in 2006 based on an online survey in Japan. In ICv2's "Anime Awards" from both 2004 and 2005, the series was the winner in the category of "Property of the Year". In the Anime Grand Prix polls by Animage, InuYasha has appeared various times in the category of "Best Anime", taking third place in 2003. The four films based on it have earned together over US$20 million in Japanese box offices. In the American Anime Awards from 2007, InuYasha was a nominee in the categories of "Best Cast", "Best Anime Feature" and "Best Long Series". One of the main criticisms is the series’ repetitiveness. The series has run for 197 episodes and holds an IMDb rating of 7.8/10 based on over 7000 votes.

This is my kind of division.

InuYasha, Bleach, Pokemon and Sailor Moon. All shows I was keen on watching and enjoying when I was younger.

And Attack on Titan will be in the next poll!

This is actually probably the toughest division. A lot of animes that are really good will be eliminated.

I may do a vote in later in the tournament, so people can vote in 4 animes that were eliminated that should still be put back in the poll. Safe to say if I did that, at the very least two of them would be from this division.

And Attack on Titan will be in the next poll!

This is actually probably the toughest division. A lot of animes that are really good will be eliminated.

I may do a vote in later in the tournament, so people can vote in 4 animes that were eliminated that should still be put back in the poll. Safe to say if I did that, at the very least two of them would be from this division.

There's no question that, regardless of whatever it's competition is, I will vote for AoT being the fanboy of it that I am. :)

And even though I was never a fan of Naruto (Never got into it), I know it was a really popular, and well done Anime. it's a shame that one of Pokemon or Naruto will be ousted this round.

There's no question that, regardless of whatever it's competition is, I will vote for AoT being the fanboy of it that I am. :)

I feel the same way about FMA/FMAB. The only thing that could make me not vote FMA would be if it eventually got matched up against FMAB, and vice versa. That'd be a tough choice for me.

I love that clip of InuYasha. As much as I liked Naruto at one point (the manga is pretty crap currently), Pokemon is such as a huge part of my life, even today. One Piece and Sailor Moon I was struggling with because while I don't really like One Piece that much, I don't really remember Sailor Moon (besides the english theme song) and I can still appreciate the depth and vastness of the story line that One Piece has.

Bleach may rely way to heavily on the belief that the MC should be the strongest character but it's still better than Fairy Tail which spams 'Nakama Power' every major battle. Also, some of the Fairy Tail girls may be hot, the Bleach characters are all generally good looking male and female alike, while some of the Fairy Tail character designs are just fracked up.

I'm sorry, no offense to Sailor Moon, it's a great show, but there is no way it should beat One Piece. No way.

I can understand some of the people voting against me for the other ones (I voted Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Detective Conan)

Although InuYasha is no slacker of a series, Detective Conan is one of the most underrated series of all time. 721 episodes and still hardly anybody knows about it. It's also one of the few mystery series that has actually stumped me a few times (usually I solve mysteries about halfway through with other shows)

I never really liked the Pokemon anime tbh. The games were great, shows not so much imo.

But like I said, I can understand why some are voting against me. This is a very strong division, and this is just strengthening my belief that we should have a resurrection vote for 4 shows later on.

Bleach may rely way to heavily on the belief that the MC should be the strongest character but it's still better than Fairy Tail which spams 'Nakama Power' every major battle. Also, some of the Fairy Tail girls may be hot, the Bleach characters are all generally good looking male and female alike, while some of the Fairy Tail character designs are just fracked up.

Fairy Tail is highly overrated imo. I've heard people say that it's the next truly legendary anime, that it's possibly better than Dragon Ball.

I honestly don't understand the hype. Can whoever voted Fairy Tail explain the hype please?

pokemon because I haven't watched naruto yet....

sailor moon cos i grew up with it and i also havent watched one piece lol

bleach because it was seriously awesome....fairytail was alright then it started to drag on

detective conan....that anime is real good...i rmb watching it as a child when it was on late night tv in hongkong, i never got to finishing inuyasha....but i rmb watching it on ytv with english dubs...haha

why?

Because it's the most popular anime and most popular manga of all time, it has a massive fanbase, and imo is better than Sailor Moon.

But my problem is also with the fact that an anime that some consider to be the greatest of all-time could potentially be knocked out this early.

Fairy Tail is highly overrated imo. I've heard people say that it's the next truly legendary anime, that it's possibly better than Dragon Ball.

I honestly don't understand the hype. Can whoever voted Fairy Tail explain the hype please?

With all the hype I kept putting off watching it saving it for later enjoyment as I like to spread out quality and average series and I finally started watching it a few weeks back. At first I thought it was pretty awesome but it's lasting interest faded fast for me. I am around 30 episodes in so I am only speaking for some of the show it could get better but it has become very repetitive in the fights, lines, the humor, and even character actions. But what really seemed to make me lose interest was it seems poorly written. Most of the conflicts don't seem overly interesting and I constantly feel like they try to draw emotional responses by using side characters or flashbacks involving characters who have had little to no character development or strong viewer attachment.

But obviously lots of people like it so it may get better or I am also just missing it.

With all the hype I kept putting off watching it saving it for later enjoyment as I like to spread out quality and average series and I finally started watching it a few weeks back. At first I thought it was pretty awesome but it's lasting interest faded fast for me. I am around 30 episodes in so I am only speaking for some of the show it could get better but it has become very repetitive in the fights, lines, the humor, and even character actions. But what really seemed to make me lose interest was it seems poorly written. Most of the conflicts don't seem overly interesting and I constantly feel like they try to draw emotional responses by using side characters or flashbacks involving characters who have had little to no character development or strong viewer attachment.

But obviously lots of people like it so it may get better or I am also just missing it.

I feel the same. I watched it on Netflix with my brother up to episode 47 (i believe that's where it cuts off on Netflix) and he says it's the best anime he's ever seen (he's watched Code Geass, Trigun, Soul Eater, Darker Than Black season 1, One Piece, FMA, FMAB, Attack on Titan, DB/DBZ and Bleach with me) while I just thought it was a pretty average shounen.

It has to live up to the hype at some point though, right?

Excluding the awful fillers, I absolutely adore Naruto.

I voted One Piece even though I've never seen it. I know it'd enjoy it more than Sailor Moon though

Bleach I like, but again. The fillers are trash. I want to watch Fairy Tale at some point

Inuyasha I really iked, I remember staying up late on the weekends to watch it on YTV back in junior high

If any of your guys have a MyAnimeList account, hit me up (Same username) I need friends on there

Archived