The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Ferries new plan

Snake Doctor

Again, you're being a hypocrite. If that's your philosophy, we should ban driving or ban drinking. Why don't you support one of those policies?

I don't support either of those but what I do support is the increased presence of road blocks...I haven't been through one of those in years which is astonishing since I do like to go out occasionally. I was also thinking that it should be mandated that drinking establishments have a way to check blood alcohol before you leave. Also Their parking lots should be gated and you must prove that you are under the limit before you are to drive out of it. Technology might not be there yet but I think these are things we need to look at. If that's too nanny-like for you than I really have no sympathy for you because, like you said, people die everyday...NEEDLESSLY!

I don't support either of those but what I do support is the increased presence of road blocks...I haven't been through one of those in years which is astonishing since I do like to go out occasionally. I was also thinking that it should be mandated that drinking establishments have a way to check blood alcohol before you leave. Also Their parking lots should be gated and you must prove that you are under the limit before you are to drive out of it. Technology might not be there yet but I think these are things we need to look at. If that's too nanny-like for you than I really have no sympathy for you because, like you said, people die everyday...NEEDLESSLY!

Why don't you support a ban on drinking? Driving? That would reduce needless deaths.

Not at all...just that that stupid mistake won't tear apart any other families in the process. But I'll admit that my comment was erroneous as that persons loved ones will obviously be effected by his/her mistake.

They could also be flung say through their windshield in to another car or a pedestrian as two examples.

You're arguing from a bad spot friend.

LOL good one!

Not a joke. It would be a lot more realistic to up police enforcement and use as many protective measures as possible than to abolish both alcohol and driving. Maybe someday in the future we won't even have to drive(auto drive?) but until then, I'd like to try and keep the roads as safe as possible.

No need to get upset big guy...I'm just your middle class worker bee....I have zero pull. If I am wrong, than the likes of you and JR will show the world the error of our ways and bestow upon us the way things should be done. ;)

Not a joke. It would be a lot more realistic to up police enforcement and use as many protective measures as possible than to abolish both alcohol and driving. Maybe someday in the future we won't even have to drive(auto drive?) but until then, I'd like to try and keep the roads as safe as possible.

No need to get upset big guy...I'm just your middle class worker bee....I have zero pull. If I am wrong, than the likes of you and JR will show the world the error of our ways and bestow upon us the way things should be done. ;)

You should wear bubble wrap and never leave your house, nay underground bunker, lest someone irresponsibly create a situation that could bring harm to you. That you would even step foot on a ferry precariously gliding across the top of kilometers deep and perilous ocean is mind boggling!

You should wear bubble wrap and never leave your house, nay underground bunker, lest someone irresponsibly create a situation that could bring harm to you. That you would even step foot on a ferry precariously gliding across the top of kilometers deep and perilous ocean is mind boggling!

Hyperbolé??? ;)

Seriously. There are so many dangers in the world, it's amazing we all haven't died.

Archived